close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Couldnt Purchase My Glock!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dkyser, Jan 17, 2003.

1. dkyser

dkyser

I went the other day to purchase my second glock, and was told they have to investiage more. I was sooo mad. I just purchased one 6 mos ago and since that had gotten a CCW permit. I have done nothing to cause a delay and I am not even sure if I can get it. The only thing that has happened since the last purchase is an auto accident any my truck was totalled, just happened and I had insurance and DL etc. What could have happened, what can I do. Thanks

2. barely legal

barely legal

Well you're obviously a dangerous criminal who needs further scrutiny by the federali's.;g

3. dkyser

dkyser

If I was on the crooked side, would have had my wife purchase it when they said it was in delay

4. Jerry

Jerry Millennium Member

Actually having your wife purchase it and give it to you as a gift is perfectly legal. After all MOTHER Brady did it for her son. It was for her children. ;N ;+

5. dkyser

dkyser

Was a thought but is making me mad... I have done nothing... am sure it is a similar name.. or some BS but has been 6 days now and still waiting... Thanks for the help guys.. is nice hearing from other Glockers..

6. pluvo

pluvo Experiment G26

Here in Arizona my permit is my background check.

Doesn't get anymore instant than that. ;f

7. wmurpht

wmurpht

I recently went to purchase shotgun and I have been delayed for over 30 days. I was told I would hafta re-apply for another background check if I wanted to continue my purchase since it had been on delay for 30 days. I am a valid CCL holder in NY too. NICS is another beuraucratic scam inflicted on the citizens of this country by activists,lawyers, and politicians.

8. RepublicofTexas

RepublicofTexas UN=Nazi Rule

Well by law if the NICS check does not come back within 3 business days the gun dealer can sell it to you legally.Go back and ask him if he will do this.He does not have to do this but he can,really it's federal law.

9. dkyser

dkyser

Eight Days later get the OK.... Glad I am still alive and was not purchasing this gun because of a threat or in any hurry. After purchasing guns all my life hope things are not coming to this. Again just a few mos ago purchased one in minutes. Thanks for all the support guys.

10. RepublicofTexas

RepublicofTexas UN=Nazi Rule

38. Q. Will NICS provide an instant response?

A. NICS will not always provide an instant response. Licensees will receive either a “proceed”, “denied” or "delayed" response from NICS. If a “proceed” response is received, the transfer may proceed. If a “denied” response is received, then the transfer may not proceed. If a “delayed” response is received, then the transfer must be delayed until a final response is received from NICS, or until after the lapse of three business days.

39. Q. For the purposes of permanent Brady, what is meant by a “business day”?

A. A business day is defined as any day on which State offices are open.

40. Q. If a licensee contacts NICS on Thursday, December 3, 1998, and gets a “delayed” response, when may the licensee transfer the firearm if he or she receives no further response from NICS?

A. The firearm may be transferred on Wednesday, December 9, 1998. Assuming State offices are open on Friday, Monday, and Tuesday, and closed on Saturday and Sunday, 3 business days would have elapsed at the end of Tuesday, December 8, 1998. Therefore, the licensee may transfer the firearm at the start of business on Wednesday, December 9, 1998. (The 3 business days do not include the day the NICS check is initiated.)

11. Jerry

Jerry Millennium Member

NICS, Notoriously Inaccurate Call in System OR… arbitrary waiting period and illegal gun registration. ;B

Glad you FINALLY got it.

12. dkyser

dkyser

Went to finaly pick up my gun and COULDNT... They called back and said there was an error,, and is still in Review.. Now this is B.S. Dealer claims he can not sell with out the OK, Had I picked the gun up last night would have been fine.. I was out of town just got the OK message on machine.. was too late to pick it up. Besides what if I had picked it up and then they denied.... what would happen with gun.. I am not trying to beat any system... no reason too but dont care to be told I have to get rid of my guns while they figure out what is going on....

13. Jerry

Jerry Millennium Member

I would make him call while I was there and ask them what the problem is. If he had give you the firearm when they didn't call back after three days you would be free and clear. Now that there is a HOLD on you no telling how long it will take. You may have to write a letter asking for a review if they don’t release the HOLD. ;W

Doesn’t it make you feel all warm and fuzzy knowing the government is protecting us from people like you. ;Q Makes me feel really swell. ;t

14. dkyser

dkyser

Boy this is an old post, but figured I would follow up on it.

I did get my glock, but what a pain that one was. After I was told it was a delay, I went and emailed everyone I could think of I was so mad. I felt like my rights had been taken for no right.

Well, the delay was just a random thing I guess, but my response caused a second delay. Guess they wanted me to cool off, I did not go over board, just voiced (typed) my concern that it was not right.

I have since purchased several pistols, rifles, and a couple Ar15's with out a catch but have to say I still get nervous every time they call it in, was mostly embarrassed I guess.

Just makes you realize that it can happen to anyone.

15. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

It's really sad that in this great nation that we have to ask big brother to exercise our right to purchase a gun. I sorry that you had so much trouble and I'm glad to hear that it turned out for the better!

16. paul1973

paul1973 Blue pitbull

WOW took you 7 years to update???? Glad you do not work where they check records for the gun sales.........................

17. dkyser

dkyser

Just noticed I never updated it from a long time ago, and figured it could shed some information to others in case it happened to them. Was not meant to upset anyone.
    Today the check went through in a couple minutes when I picked up my new Kimber. :)

18. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Haha:rofl: Your like me "conditionally approved" but if you have filled out the paperwork right... sometimes it doesn't matter I see people get "Conditionally approved" only because of their common name. Here in FL after 3-5 days if they don't find anything to reject you... you can take the pistol home even if the background check isn't complete yet...

Normally rejections are instant or within 24-48 hrs...

19. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

My Texas CHL gives me a pass on the NICS check.

20. BgDnTx

BgDnTx

I don't buy retail and don't do any checks.