Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to be back on GT. Been absent for a while.
I have always respected the reliability of the glock platform, but have only owned glocks periodically. I would always decide they were too thick for carry and sell them off.
I know, not a true glock fan. But all of the noise about the new 43 got my attention.
I went to the LGS to hold one. I put one in my hand and was about to say "I'll take it" when I saw the 42 in the case right next to it. I have never been a big fan of the .380, but that 42 impressed me just as much as the 43.
I couldn't decide between them, so I bought both of them. I am very broke, and very happy (usually not two conditions you see at the same time).
Just one question: the 43 came with one flat base mag and one extended base mag and a mag reloader. The 42 came with two flat base mags and no reloader. Is this how the 42 is supposed to come, or did I get I get the short end of somebody elses upgrade? Just wondrin.
Thanks in advance for your replies. Have a good one.

· Registered
6,861 Posts
It's standard. The .380 is so easy to load, the loader would probably just get in the way. I use an UpLULA on many of my other magazines, for the ease and speed. I don't use it on any of my .380's, including our .42. Congrats on the new guns. I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

· Registered
907 Posts
MagLula/UpLula is a must generally, but the G42's magazine is so short, that the speed advantage is minimal. Another thing, once you have Pearce grip extensions on the G42's magazines, they become more difficult to line up in the Lula. When my wife and I load G42 mags, she prefers the Lula, but I load with the same speed by hand. It would be a very different story if we were to load, say, 10-rounders for G30S.

· Registered
6 Posts
Glad to be back on GT. Been absent for a while.

I have always respected the reliability of the glock platform, but have only owned glocks periodically. I would always decide they were too thick for carry and sell them off.

I know, not a true glock fan. But all of the noise about the new 43 got my attention.

I went to the LGS to hold one. I put one in my hand and was about to say "I'll take it" when I saw the 42 in the case right next to it. I have never been a big fan of the .380, but that 42 impressed me just as much as the 43.

I couldn't decide between them, so I bought both of them. I am very broke, and very happy (usually not two conditions you see at the same time).

Just one question: the 43 came with one flat base mag and one extended base mag and a mag reloader. The 42 came with two flat base mags and no reloader. Is this how the 42 is supposed to come, or did I get I get the short end of somebody elses upgrade? Just wondrin.

Thanks in advance for your replies. Have a good one.

Me neither, I bought both. I definitely carry the 43 more.

· Registered
10 Posts
You'll see some nay-sayers concerning the .380. I still don't understand why people chime in negatively when the thread title has "G42" in it. That said. The .380 is far more capable than a sharp stick in the eye, and I LOVE my G42; you won't be disappointed. I actually shot my G42 at the range today and the range (Bill's in the Twin Cities, MN) had a G43 for rent (and 2 for sale). I was impressed at the similarity in feel between the two. I'm sure you'll appreciate the option between 2 calibers with identical feel (Glock = diversity).

Fyi, the sales staff at Bill's (GREAT folks, vets, Semper Fi) said sales of the G43 had cooled off considerably since introduction, so hopefully it'll become more available to those who've been looking for one in their local markets "sans" gougers.

· Banned
298 Posts
I can also vouch for bill"s in the twin cities, my father is a customer at the Hudson location, good place. I also hate how everyone trashed the g42 just because it wasn't the single stack 9 that everyone screamed for. Now we have the 43 and guys are liking the 42 again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.