GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,578 Posts
Yes, but only if Killdozer pushes the progressive half into the Pacific.

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
While I would love nothing more than for that to occur I think the major urban centers are going to keep it blue. Those areas really hate Trump.

But I've seen a lot of MAGA rallies in places like Beverly Hills so who knows.

Again, I'd love to be proven wrong. Imagine all the leftists knowing their state voted for President Trump. It would be hilarious.

·
Venor ergo sum
3,308 Posts
I doubt CA, but between DeBlasio's and Cuomo's leftist dumbness, I think he had a shot at NY. Ad campaign could be, "what could you possibly have to lose?"

·
Don't Jump!
4,251 Posts
That would be the biggest upset of the century. I would love to see it, but no, I don't think it is possible.

We have family out there... my wife (it's her family) sent them the Giuliani - Biden corruption videos. Their reaction? Giuliani is a crook and should be in jail with Trump. You can lead a horse to water.... I told her it was no use, but she insisted. Now we are in trouble with them. Oh well.

·
NRA Life Member
63,408 Posts
No, he will not flip California, but with the rioting going on in Philly, to keep down the urban vote, Pennsylvania is looking good and I think he's got Wisconsin and maybe Minnesota. I don't see him losing any states he won the last time.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
You would have to be brain damaged to think Trump will win California
With the ratio of trump to Biden signs that I see daily; id have to say in an honest election he would have a chance. Of course wer aren't having an honest election.

·
Registered
12,730 Posts
Yeah, I think the enthusiasm is clouding people’s judgement. Do people not understand how far left CA is today, and how much these people hate Trump? The “silent majority” isn’t a majority. You wouldn’t want to see what our government looked like if every eligible voter went to the polls.

Reactions: czsmithGT

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,481 Posts
It would be possible without illegals voting massively.
But how can they be stopped when the Democrats are controlling literally everything here?

Edited to add: I'm in Hollywood and I haven't seen a single Trump sign. I don't expect to see any since Trump supporters here are not suicidal.
But you know what else I didn't see much of?
Biden-Harris signs.
When Bernie and Hillary ran their signs were EVERYWHERE.
Biden's signs, maybe one house or car every block.
And that's saying something.

·
Registered
27,184 Posts
No. Not with the democratic machine producing heavily liberal voting in the urban counties on the coast, from San Diego to Marin.

As of this year, the dem's share of the 20.9 million registered voters in the state is 46.3%, and the repub's share has dropped to 24%, which has been equaled (24%) by the voters registered as "independent, decline to state or no party preference” voters). It would take all of the "indie" voters to fully combine with the repub voters in the state to edge by the dem's. (The other parties fill out the small remainder of the numbers.)

Could some dem's decide to vote repub this time? Sure, but I'd be shocked if they did so in sufficient numbers to offset their huge advantage in sheer (registered) voter numbers.

This is why I suspect that neither the state legislature or the federal government would ever vote to allow CA to split apart in 2, 4 or even 6 separate new states. The new states that form outside the coastal liberal swath might remove the numbers advantage that state dem's enjoy in the senate and the house in DC. The dem's have relied upon the EC votes in CA as a given (their due?) for a long time. That's also why the dem's would ever allow the EC votes to be apportioned to the way the popular vote goes, giving representative EC votes to each candidate according to voting numbers.

All that said, I've certainly been wrong about things before, and I'm prepared to be wrong again. :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'd like to say wishful thinking anybody with half a brain left California and New York 10 years ago moving to Arizona Texas and Florida trying to make them blue States. Where I live in Florida we have a couple amendments here on the ballot one for minimum wage increase and another big one for open versus closed primaries. Every stupid dumbass comment posted on Facebook. In support of both click on their picture and it's some stupid Northeast transplant trying to turn Florida blue.

If Trump wins he needs to work with Pence or whoever will be running on the 2024 campaign and start promising to build a wall from Washington State down to Mexico and from New Jersey to Canada
And change it from make America a great again to making America sane again.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts