close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Couer d' Alene, ID match still on?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by coyote 30, Jul 14, 2003.

1. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

Having seen the other threads on the explosion at the Glock facility in Smyrna I was wondering if this might effect GSSF matches coming up and if so will they be able to let us know in time to change our plans? I don't want to drive 7 hours to find out the match was postponed. I hope everybody at Glock is OK and recovers from the accident. GSSF keep us informed, Thanks

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Three employees of the Warranty/Service Department were seriously injured in the explosion at the testing area. More info tomorrow.

I do not expect the July 19 matches to be canceled, but if they are, there will be an official notice posted in this forum.

3. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

Thanks Danny for the info. I didn't think it would cancel a match but I would understand if it did. I hope everyone at Glock comes out OK and I will be thinking and praying for them. Bruce

4. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

Though these matches get support from Glock in GA it seems to me that the local clubs really put the match on so it wouldn't seem to affect the match other than possibly emotionally. Am I wrong here Danny?

5. DannyR

GSSF does the registration and match administration. Bruce or Diane normally handle registration and the collection of fees, while Chris, Scott or David handle administration, including approval and testing of the three stages.

6. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Glock personnel always run the matches. The majority of the hands on work is handled by the club volunteers. If for some reason the Glock folks can't be there then I would expect the match would be cancelled. Hopefully this won't affect your match.

7. DannyR

This weekend's two matches are on as scheduled. It's official.