Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a silver/black G48 that has 3 small rust/corrosion spots on the slide. I've heard of this type of issue on these guns. Is there anything that can be done about it without screwing up the slide finish?

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I just go to upload file and select. :cheers: The second pic shows wear bottom of slide. I'm well north of 13k rounds (I stopped counting). Been a great pistol.
G48 3.JPG G48 4.JPG

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I'd try some Break Free CLP or Kroil with micro fiber cloth and leave it at that. If it bothers you a lot could get a re-finish. Also, might contact Glock and see what they say.:cheers:
Break free.jpg Kroil 2.jpg Micro fiber.jpg

·
Supports Our Flag
4,143 Posts
Contacting GI is a waste. They've forgotten what Customer Service is.
You couldn't be more wrong. Glock customer service is absolutely top notch and arguably the best in the business.

But since you bought the G48 used, there's no telling what the previous owner did to the slide to cause those spots.

If those little spots bothered you, why not just pass on it and buy a new one?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You couldn't be more wrong. Glock customer service is absolutely top notch and arguably the best in the business.

But since you bought the G48 used, there's no telling what the previous owner did to the slide to cause those spots.

If those little spots bothered you, why not just pass on it and buy a new one?
I didn't buy it used, it's a new Factory Refurb that I ordered. So, I had no option to pass on it. Why don't you get your facts straight before shooting off your mouth? And I know what I'm talking about with GLOCK CS, as I've had issues with them. S&W has much better CS.

·
Supports Our Flag
4,143 Posts
I didn't buy it used, it's a new Factory Refurb that I ordered. So, I had no option to pass on it. Why don't you get your facts straight before shooting off your mouth? And I know what I'm talking about with GLOCK CS, as I've had issues with them. S&W has much better CS.
Those are fancy words for USED. :rolleyes:

And if you had issues with Glock CS...odds are 99.724% that you were the issue.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Silver slides are PVD coated from the factory. PVD cannot be refinished. Silver slides are now obsolete form the factory as well. So there may not be a factory option. GI CS, I agree is top notch, unless someone is told no. Being told no usually results in bad reviews. But still worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Silver slides are PVD coated from the factory. PVD cannot be refinished. Silver slides are now obsolete form the factory as well. So there may not be a factory option. GI CS, I agree is top notch, unless someone is told no. Being told no usually results in bad reviews. But still worth a shot.
Bad CS can also mean things like shipping on your dime, we'll sell you the parts you need, etc.

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,456 Posts
Bad CS can also mean things like shipping on your dime, we'll sell you the parts you need, etc.
Since you're the OP and since you've opened this can of worms, it's on topic. In my very limited experience with Glock CS, I can tell you that it is among the best CS in the industry. I'd love to hear more about your negative experience.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, just 1 of many. I had some early G43 mags that had an issue of insertion. It is a known Design issue and has been resolved with the introduction of - 1 mags. GI made me pay the shipping to return the bad mags for upgrade. Good CS would be for them to pay the shipping since it was their design issue.

·
Registered
265 Posts
next time buy New Factory New...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts