1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
"Pueblo County Coroner Brian Cotter said Monday that none of the 14 deaths related to COVID-19 in Pueblo county were caused solely by the virus itself."

"Cotter said the average age of those who have died related to COVID-19 in Pueblo County is about 82 years old."

https://www.chieftain.com/news/20200518/coroner-pueblo-covid-19-deaths-not-caused-by-virus-itself
I'm all for accurate tabulation on what actually caused a death but this seems to me to be just as wacky as claiming that all deaths in a covid positive person are attributable to the virus.

COVID-19 weakens the body’s immune system and other systems to where they easily pick up something fatal
Not attributing that to a death from the virus IMO would be like saying a person didn't die from a horrific traffic accident, but rather a sudden loss of blood and oxygenation to the brain.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I read an article by molecular biologist Peter Duesberg many years ago. He had a theory that the AIDS virus was actually pretty benign. The main cause of death were lifestyle issues which contributed to severely compromised immune systems and the AIDS virus was simply another virus along for the ride. Anyway, in some regards, somewhat similar to older people with preconditions.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I read an article by molecular biologist Peter Duesberg many years ago. He had a theory that the AIDS virus was actually pretty benign. The main cause of death were lifestyle issues which contributed to severely compromised immune systems and the AIDS virus was simply another virus along for the ride. Anyway, in some regards, somewhat similar to older people with preconditions.
Yep

They didn't die from the virus, it was the fever that took them out

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
This is proof of nothing

For some, the virus generates a sh!t storm of your immune system and at that point hits and takes down whatever it runs into

·
20,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is proof of nothing

For some, the virus generates a sh!t storm of your immune system and at that point hits and takes down whatever it runs into
"I have had that question a million times. How many people have died of COVID? And my short answer for that is, none,” Cotter said."

Reactions: 686 AR15 G17Fan

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
"I have had that question a million times. How many people have died of COVID? And my short answer for that is, none,” Cotter said."
Again, a hallow statement

Per the car accident analogy. Or someone not killed by a gunshot but rather the loss of blood from the gun shot

I just don't understand those who are painting this thing only in political terms. And that goes for both sides

·
20,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are tens of thousands of people across the globe who would not have died but for the virus.
Perhaps. It's hard to nail down just how many of these old people with pre-existing health problems would have lived much longer and how many wouldn't have.

·
20,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Again, a hallow statement

Per the car accident analogy. Or someone not killed by a gunshot but rather the loss of blood from the gun shot

I just don't understand those who are painting this thing only in political terms. And that goes for both sides
"He said COVID-19 itself does not kill you."

·
20,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A smart doctor said we almost all ultimately die of heart failure.

should we list all those deaths as heart failure, or what caused the heart to fail?
Why do you care? You libs are going to try to label all of them as COVID-19 deaths anyway.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Why do you care? You libs are going to try to label all of them as COVID-19 deaths anyway.
I'm pretty sure racerford has been more on your side, than the leftist side, for most of this.

Perhaps. It's hard to nail down just how many of these old people with pre-existing health problems would have lived much longer and how many wouldn't have.
You've just gone off the rails. It doesn't matter if they would have died months from now or ten years, if someone dies due to complications from this virus, then they died from the virus.

·
20,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm pretty sure racerford has been more on your side, than the leftist side, for most of this.

You've just gone off the rails. It doesn't matter if they would have died months from now or ten years, if someone dies due to complications from this virus, then they died from the virus.
No, just a realist. The problem is that government is counting people who die with the virus as having died FROM the virus. There's a big difference.

What would Hartford say is the cause of death in this instance below?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...says-state-mischaracterized-death/ar-BB146tjl

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
Rock Castle ... you're a good guy, but I feel like you're in the mode of "don't confuse me with facts and other useless information? Are numbers being "fudged" ... I'm sure they are, there's an economic incentive for it, but as Hartford stated, if the "spark" to a death was the virus, then you died from the virus

If you want to think differently, that's your choice, we live in a (mostly) free country

·
20,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rock Castle ... you're a good guy, but I feel like you're in the mode of "don't confuse me with facts and other useless information? Are numbers being "fudged" ... I'm sure they are, but as Hartford stated, if the "spark" to a death was the virus, then you died from the virus.
Thanks. So a man has one beer and then he later gets broadsided and killed by an 18 wheeler that runs a red light. Is the "spark" of alcohol somehow the cause.of death? Makes no sense.

How would you classify the cause of death for that guy in the link I provided a few posts ago? Sounds like he may have had WuFlu in his system. BAC was twice the lethal amount. What say you?

·
20,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’m sure those that passed are warmed by the fact that their passing wasn’t solely from Covid.

Who cares if Covid was simply the straw that broke the camels back? They died of Covid.
Wrong. Keep trying though. You might still get it. Credibility, integrity, and trust still matter to many of us.

eb810f9cb2a46851.png

·
Cheese?
10,006 Posts
I can’t recall anyone I’ve encountered recently who’s trying more desperately to justify their existing ideas and preferences than rock_castle.

Sorry, amigo, you’ve gone full wackadoodle.

If it makes you feel better to go around saying that nobody, anywhere, has ever died of the novel coronavirus, or HIV, or the flu, or whatever, have at it.

Just don’t expect anyone to treat you as if you’re anything more than a loon.

Ultimately, the vast majority of us die from lack of blood to the brain, caused by heart failure or blood loss. But putting that on every death certificate in the country isn’t very helpful.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I’m sure there are people being counted as COVID deaths who shouldn’t be, and people who should be who aren’t.

If you’re only willing to consider evidence that supports your position, you’re just a sad homer, like the guys who show up at Jacksonville Jaguars games explaining how Blake Bortles is the best QB in the league.

Every time you post, all I hear is WOOO, BORTLES GOAT!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts