Coronavirus is an overhyped plot to get Trump.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by garya1961, Feb 25, 2020.

1. garya1961

garya1961

The coronavirus is just an overhyped pandemic started by China and.pushed by the libs to get back at Trump. The object is to drive down the stockmarket so Trump can't claim a booming economy in November.
    The virus is less dangerous than the flu but they make it out to be as bad as Ebola. China could open its factories anytime they want but they are intentionally keeping them closed to drive down the market.
    The flu kills thousands each year but you don't see the market taking a dive on account of flu season. Corona is a planned thing to get back at Trump.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  2. ExecutiveWill

ExecutiveWill

Interesting theory, and not necessarily out of the realm of possibility.

3. Mugsie1

Mugsie1

4. Wayward Son

Wayward Son

The mortality rate of the corona virus is double that of the flu.

5. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

The only argument I would make against this is that it’s too soon. By October, the corona virus will be a distant memory.

6. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

But the incidence of flu is 1000 times higher. In 2019, 14,000 people in the U.S. died of the flu, with another 250,000 hospitalized.

7. garya1961

garya1961

I'm not up on the latest numbers but I thought I heard it was the other way around, 80,000 infected and around 2,800 dead. That's in China here I'm sure the mortality rate would be a lot.less.

Mr Meeseeks and Intolerant like this.
  8. Dave514

Dave514

Well, the libs will not turn away any chance to blame Trump for anything but a conspiracy where libs and China keep Chinese businesses closed to drive down US markets??? Nah.

Besides, market corrections have been on the horizon and being able to blame them on coronavirus is a win for Trump.

9. Doc McGlock

Doc McGlock

`I heard Rush briefly today and he was saying that the Corona virus mortality rate is 3+% and while high, it is not as high as the flu virus.

10. garya1961

garya1961

I just read that the mortality rate for flu is 4.2%. If you are hospitalized it goes up to 10%.

11. Wayward Son

Wayward Son

In the study published Feb. 18 in the China CDC Weekly, researchers found a death rate from COVID-19 to be around 2.3% in mainland China. That's much higher than the death rate linked to flu, which is typically around 0.1% in the U.S., according to The New York Times.

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

keep in mind that the numbers out of china on infection and death rates are quite likely much higher than reported.

12. AGF0526

AGF0526

You guys have been watching to much CNN , the RO of coronavirus is 6.6 , that's the rate of transmission its 3 times higher than the flu , and the mortality rate is unknown due to Chinese Communist party numbers which are complete BS. It could be as high as 20 percent. And any of you who actually believe only 2600 people have died I have a bridge in NY to sell you cheap.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

treg, Quigley, Grumpy_old_man and 8 others like this.
  13. pugman

pugman

Over the past decade, depending on the year, the flu kills between 12-61,000 people in the US. The mortality rate changes from season to season but sits between 0.05-.17%

The corona virus, if you go serious or critical which accounts for 18% of the cases means you have a 1 in 4 chance or better of dying. If you get it you have a 3% chance of dying.

The corona virus is much much deadlier.

14. thewitt

thewitt

Tighten up your tinfoil hats...

The Coronavirus is very real.

The mortality rate is an order of magnitude higher than the common flu.

China is not trying to undermine Trump.

15. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

Rush was pushing this garbage earlier today.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/r...ed-by-chinese-communists-to-bring-down-trump/

That is a HUGE conspiracy to include ALL of those countries with infected citizens.

16. Fracball

Fracball Authorized User

My guess is that big media will move on to another shiny object when the CV vignette no longer serves their purpose(s).

scattershot and Caver 60 like this.
  17. garya1961

garya1961

One thing is for sure whether the virus was intentional or not, the left is playing Corona for all it's worth to intentionally drive down the market

18. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

I hope some of you guys are right, I am still planning for the worse. See below:

A top U.S. health official said Tuesday the spread of coronavirus in the country appears to be inevitable, while warning that the disruptions could be “severe.”

Nancy Messonnier, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters the agency expects to see more cases in the U.S.

"As more and more countries experience community spread, successful containment at our borders becomes harder and harder,” Messonnier said.

She said two out of the three requirements for a “pandemic of new disease” have been met, and businesses and families should begin to prepare for a larger outbreak in the U.S.

“It’s not a question of if this will happen but when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illnesses," she said. “Disruption to everyday life might be severe."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...coronavirus-spread-in-us-inevitable-its-not-a

19. TF2Addict

TF2Addict

Ok, Dittohead.

hugo55 and garya1961 like this.
  20. garya1961

garya1961

This falls right in line with my theory, hyping up corona to scare people in order to run down the stock market.
    Every report by MSM is doomsday right around the corner.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Intolerant, Caver 60 and B C like this.