Coronavirus In California?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LinuxLover, Feb 26, 2020.

1. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

don't even get me started on a harbor freight...

Inyo Tim likes this.
  2. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

19 days ago, San Francisco's CHINA TOWN (largest in USA) hosted their annual Chinese New Year's Day parade. 19 days ago... Well within the coronavirus incubation period. Officials were confident there was no worry about the coronavirus among the chinese and their parade.

San Francisco is suddenly and mysteriously declaring an emergency, with zero cases? 19 days after SF's China Town parade.

Now one confirmed case pops up 45 minutes to the East of SF where many commuters live. Odd! And within 15 minutes drive of Travis Air Force Base where China evacuees are being held. Odd! Must be just coincidences.

We're seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020

3. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

Summary version:
    Guy transferred to UC Davis already intubated and on a ventilator. Docs ask CDC for a COVID19 test. CDC says no because “doesn’t fit criteria.” ....they haven’t learned a thing from China.....

“Since the patient did not fit the existing CDC criteria for COVID-19, a test was not immediately administered,” said the email, which added that, “UC Davis Health does not control the testing process.”

On Sunday, the CDC ordered COVID-19 testing of the patient and the patient was put on airborne precautions and strict contact precautions. The positive test results were announced on Wednesday.”

CDC fail.

6 billion a year for these idiots

4. jmohme

jmohme

There are lots of tech industry people in San Fransisco that travel to and from China, so it would not surprise me one bit to hear of cases in that area.

It would surprise me even less if some new and nastier disease were to appear out of the crap filled streets in that toilet of a city.

Inyo Tim, CAcop and catman71 like this.
  5. BgDnTx

BgDnTx

Best solution is to shut the Commifornia border. Nobody in or out.

6. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

As with every other Federal agency, the CDC has plenty of bureaucratic nitwits.

An email sent out Wednesday by two UC Davis officials said the patient arrived at the medical center in Sacramento last Wednesday but was only tested for the virus on Sunday despite a request made by med center officials that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention conduct a test when the patient was admitted.

“Today the CDC confirmed the patient’s test was positive,” said the email from David Lubarsky, vice-chancellor of human health services, and Brad Simmons, interim CEO of UC Davis Medical Center.

“This is not the first COVID-19 patient we have treated, and because of the precautions we have had in place since this patient’s arrival, we believe there has been minimal potential for exposure here at UC Davis Medical Center,” the email said.

Nevertheless, a small number of medical center employees have been asked to stay home and monitor their temperatures.

Lubarsky and Simmons said the patient was transferred to UC Davis from “another Northern California hospital” on Wednesday, Feb 19.

“When the patient arrived, the patient had already been intubated, was on a ventilator, and given droplet protection orders because of an undiagnosed and suspected viral condition,” the email said.

catman71 likes this.
  7. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

I’d be ok with that. Let’s give them their succession right now

8. LinuxLover

LinuxLover Ba-nan-nah-nuh

News Flash... Montana's TV station NBC 9.1, OTA from Missoula... just reported that there are "three people under observation for Covid-19" at this time.

The same newscaster reported about a week ago that the virus cannot propagate in warm temps, but loves cold weather. I wonder how true that is......

Strangely, my wife is "kinda sick with a 99.8° temperature and vague nausea. We take her to St. Patrick's Hospital tomorrow AM:EARLY for a look-see.

We meet a LOT of international travelers on a daily basis. Hmmmm!

I've gotta Google the symptoms..... BBL......

First result from a Google search.....

For confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases, reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death. Symptoms can include:
    • Fever
    • Cough
    • Shortness of breath
    CDC believes at this time that symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure. This is based on what has been seen previously as the incubation period of MERS-CoV viruses.

The latest situation summary updates are available on CDC’s coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) web page.

Hell, I have COPD and cough all the time and at Stage -2, I'm always short of breath.
    I've had a constant, nagging headache for over 4 weeks now.
    I'm constantly dizzy.
    Maybe I'm a carrier!
    Gack-k-k-k!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  9. CAcop

CAcop

pike bishop and azbuckeye like this.
  10. thespork

thespork

California's massive tech, agriculture and entertainment industries make it a huge donor when it comes to tax revenues... Subsidizes a lot of red state spending by the feds..

lazarus66 likes this.
  11. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

Nah, just buy another case of Bud. Trust me. :cheers:

FullClip likes this.
  12. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I have stopped licking the harbor freight tools until this blows over.. nothing like the smell of old greasy paper when you go in the door.

pike bishop and Inyo Tim like this.
  13. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

You misread.

Keyword: without a KNOWN link.

14. nerr

nerr

and you can distill it and feel better all day :)

FullClip likes this.
  15. nerr

nerr

Someone in Japan supposedly got sick, cured, and reinfected. Virus may be so new that no one has a handle on how it behaves:
    https://www.foxnews.com/health/coro...an-for-the-second-time-a-first-in-the-country

Some dems are still Trump-bashing, even when he wants money to deal with this. Once again Trump is standing up for Americans and will make the hard calls to keep us safe. Dems still want to play politics.

EDITED: Looks like Dems got the message and are asking for even more money to fight the virus.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coro...an-for-the-second-time-a-first-in-the-country

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  16. jmohme

jmohme

I have heard that argument a lot. I have also thought about that a lot.
    A number of us grow the majority of what we consume, but we are a minority, so that can not factor in to this.

We will never see a wall built on the California border, but if it ever were to become necessary, it would likely only be select areas.

As far as how we would feed the rest of the country?
    If there were an incident that cut off Ca, there would be a whole lot of immigrants that are now very experienced in farming suddenly unemployed. What would stop them from migrating back home and put their California based to work training to use and become rich Mexican farmers and establishing a lucrative trade with the USA?
    At that point, California might just become what Mexico is now and the tech industry might just move out too. :dunno:
    I say California needs us as a customer base more than we need California.

None of this matters because unless some new plague develops in the streets of San Fransisco, It'll never happen