close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Corbin or Sargent seat for my SV650S - please help!

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by buddylee28, Jun 5, 2006.

1. buddylee28

buddylee28

The stock seat is killing me. It's hard to find a comfortable position and I can only ride 30 min - 2 hours before I have to get off and take a break.

I think a new seat is in order, and I don't know whether to get a Sargent or a Corbin. From the forum-reading I've done, it seems more people have the Corbin. While most like them, it sounds like it forces the rider into a position that puts (even more) weight on the wrists.

I haven't heard much about Sargents, but it has been all good.

Please help me decide - $220-250 is a lot to part with right now and I want to get it right.

If it matters, I am about 6'0 195lbs.

Thanks!

2. Compy

Compy CompensateWhat?

Corbin seats tend to be a bit harder than the Sargent.

3. Jtemple

Jtemple Geek

I'm interested to hear what you decide on, and how you like it. I'll be looking at a new seat for my SV later on, for some extended road trips.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I have two Sargent seats and they work just as advertised. Usually the Sargent and Corbin seats would have a more dished out seat so that it has more bearing surface for your butt PLUS better foam cushion.

On my Aprilia Tuono, the seating position doesn't change significantly at all. But on my BMW Rockster the seat does make me lean forward more.

5. Jtemple

Jtemple Geek

I could handle a little more forward lean on my SV, since I put the drag bars on it.

6. buddylee28

buddylee28

I might be able to put off a seat for a little while. I just got a package of motorcycle goodies yesterday, which included some Icon armored shorts and leg armor. I zipped around this afternoon for about an hour in the shorts (under jeans even!) and there was no discomfort whatsoever. I think I'm gonna go for a longer trip tonight. I'll let you know..!

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Also try to get some of those spandex bicycle pants with the butt pads. Sometimes just that little bit of padding would help immeasurably.

8. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

I have never tried a Sergent, but the couple Corbins I have tried were excellent. The ones I tried made the seat height a littel lower, had better support all around (more like sitting in the seat instead of on it), and were much softer.

9. BCM

BCM

One thing to concider, if you buy a Corbin and don't like it, you own it,
    if you buy a Sargent and are not happy, they will try make it to your liking, adjust/change padding and so forth.
    Something to keep in mind before you drop the coin.
    I have a Corbin on my 916 Duc and its rock hard (It came on the bike)

10. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

You may want to give the factory Suzuki Gel seats a try. A lot less money ($115) from Oneida Suzuki. They are a little taller and wider, but I found them alot more comfortable. I have one that I've been trying out on my SV1000S that my wife bought me as a gift. I'm not sure I'll keep it just because my legs are too short!:freak:

You may also want to post on http://www.svrider.com

If you want a custom seat the best guy in our area is Rich's custom seats. He did one for my wifes that turned out great. About $250.
    http://www.richscustomseats.com/