close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Copying an old program off an old LT

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Generalcarry, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

About 6 years ago I bought Hoyle Card games version 1.0.0.0. I loaded this CD game program on every computer HD I was using. This was the best card CD I had. I lost the origional CD years ago, but it's still on my wife's old notebook. Is there any way I can make another copy from the old notebook which is Compaq with Windows 98.? I've been trying to get another copy of the game but I can't find one.

2. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

If the program just did a direct install to the computer then all you would have to do is copy the folder over and see if it will run.

But since most games when they install write to the registry when you install them it may not be possible to do this.

Just copy the folder drop it on your newer computer and find the executable and see if it runs. If it does not crash then hooray for you.

Google is your friend

http://thehouseofcards.com/games/HoyleCardGamesDownload.html

Or eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOYLE-CARD-GAME...2QQihZ015QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

4. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

I can’t believe it! This game was loaded on this computer when I had Norton Security. In order to get rid on Norton I had to erase and reformat the HD. When I downloaded and ran this game, my original screen name came up.
    On my original copy, after I registered the CD the first time, the game would load onto any computer as long as I typed in random characters while registering. There was obviously a glitch somewhere in the program. The problem now is I have 5 free trials before I have to pay to download the original. However, this “original” version, 1.0.0.0 from July 7,2000 isn’t listed for purchase, only an upgraded version.

I have purchased newer versions of Hoyle Card games but the CD’s had to be in the drive for them to work, and I don’t want to be transporting the CD.

Anyway, sorry it took awhile to get back to this thread, but thanks all for your help regardless.

5. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

Tell us what the latest version you have and we can probably post a no-cd crack to allow you to play without the CD...
    I've got an old diskette of misc. card and other games called "Best of Entertainment". A lot of my friends still play it even though it was written for 95. It is strangely addicting.

If you'd like it, follow this link.[/ Copy all these files into a folder and run setup.exe to install. URL]