Cops v. Fleeing Biker ...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by agtman, Oct 20, 2020.

1. k9medic

k9medic

When I worked k9 most of my time I was plain clothes in an unmarked vehicle.

I had a group of these bikers do something similar while they were next to me at a stop light. After leaving the stop light they all pulled into a local gas station and I discretely ran all of their tags and called for a marked unit.

While waiting I started chatting them up about how nice their bikes were. They were very proud to tell me how they had just run from a LEO in a local city. When the uniformed guys showed up they didn't even pay them any mind until I ID'd myself and we started to get DL's.

A few criminal citations later, I felt better about myself.

FWIW, nobody expected a Geo Tracker to be a police vehicle.

2. GcB

GcB Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.

I’ve been riding sport bikes for 30+ years and the last thing I really want is a reckless endangerment, felony eluding charge or to put other drivers at risk for my own risky behavior. But that doesn’t mean I want to ride legal speed limits on public roads all the time either.
    Thing is, it’s really not that hard to pick your riding spots and learn the traffic patterns for that area so you can ride fast while limiting the risk to yourself and others, none of this weaving in and out of traffic for miles with a group bs. I’ve always preferred to ride alone or with one other person if I’m out for some big end runs.
    Over the years I’ve done so many of these top end runs I can’t begin to count the times I’ve hit ludicrous speed and never once seen the police at one on my spots.

My favorite top end spot was a straight flat section of road with sod farms on both sides, two lanes running each way, a wide grass divider and no side roads for miles on either side.
    Even with tunnel vision starting to kick in around 160 you could see a dog or deer a mile away.
    I’d pre run the road north & south and if clear of any cars and debris make a pass and then again going the other direction if everything felt good, then I’d bounce.
    Same for other spots, make the top end pass and move on.
    I knew of a few other guys running big mph turbo bikes on the street who never had issues with LE because they could get to speed and back down in such a short distance on a road they knew well.
    Of course if you’re a serious player in the game you take it to sanctioned events like the Maxton mile, Texas mile, Arkansas mile, Colorado mile, etc etc..

Standing start 1 mile run 278.6 mph street legal Hayabusa.

View: https://youtu.be/5BT2JjzHa-c

A few of mine,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

agtman likes this.

3. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

agtman likes this.