close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cops prone to shooting themselves with Glocks!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gsarickie, Dec 16, 2003.

1. gsarickie

gsarickie

2. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

If I thought it would do any good I would reply to the garbage. But why waste my time.

3. gsarickie

gsarickie

I know what you mean. I thought about replying to editor with a copy of the story and after every instance of "accidentally discharged" add some comment about fingers on those triggers doing the discharging. You're right though that no one important will read it and it will never get reprinted the same way this horrible article was. However if anyone feels the urge to write a nicely worded letter to these yahoos and post it here I would be happy to forward it with my name too. I'm just too tired to start something myself. I wish we had a big news outlet to respond to this type of trash like the anti's do. Maybe Wayne will get his way and there will be an NRA TV. Yeah right!! Anyways keep up the good fight everyone.

4. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I broke down and sent short letter. Basicly said that I have likely carried Glocks longer then the folks in the article. Never had any of the touble mentioned. Why not having a manual external safety is good. And finished off with anyone who shoots themself/others when cleaning gun shouldn't be allowed guns/knives/cars/electic devices until they have learned the basics.
    I then invited them to ask questions if they want more info.
    IF I get any reply I will post questions here. (yep about when Hell freezes over/pigs fly/and Clint Eastwood carries a Jennings.

5. Stevie T

Stevie T

For those of you who listen to NPR, the Tavis Smiley show, the "Reverend" Jessee Jackson made a comment that I had to laugh at. He stated that cops in South Carolina who raided that high school were carrying Glock .45s that had "no safety" on them.

Ignorance is abundant.

Stevie T

6. Locke

Locke

"The conversion from standard to fully automatic is fast and simple, requiring no technical expertise. The conversion is accomplished merely by swapping one piece for the other. A ‘real pro’ can make the switch in 15 seconds."

...isn't this bordering on illegal - giving people information about conversion to a Class III weapon? It's my understanding that if you or I were talking about this, the BATFE would be knocking on our doors very soon. May the same happen to the author. ;g