Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,123 Posts
He's an idiot not a civil rights activist.

It's pretty obvious what he was doing. I like the way he went right around that SUV.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Cop screwed up, followed too closely, and rear ended the guy. Cop needs to fess up, admit he made a mistake, and everybody can move on. Accidents happen, people will get over it, it's not really a big deal. And the cop shouldn't have been so rude about it. Apologize to the guy and move on. The cop shouldn't have been following so close, and should have been paying attention to the guy in front of him. If you can't stop as fast as the bike, then travel back further, so that you can stop when the bike stops.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That happened on flamingo here in Vegas. A guy I work with, that was his friend who the cop hit.

The cop was in the wrong and couldve gotten in trouble. As he's the one who made contact.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,123 Posts
That happened on flamingo here in Vegas. A guy I work with, that was his friend who the cop hit.

The cop was in the wrong and couldve gotten in trouble. As he's the one who made contact.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Assured clear distance ahead here, he'd be at fault surely in this instance. The biker was acting like an ass though, behavior like that gets ya pancaked pretty quick. 9 times out of 10 you pull that you're gonna get rearended.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Banned
5,038 Posts
. keep those cameras rolling . i keep mine in all vehicles all the time. they have been worth the price a few times for me

when asked what we gonna do about it

first you say im gonna call another cop to the scene
then im gonna check damage to my bike
then if damage you will pay for it
and then if nothing is done release the video
contact news stations
and put it everywhere to see

in NC it does not matter ,if you rear end someone 100% its the hitters fault and gets ticket .

i think the cops reaction at first was being embarrassed .

·
Registered
649 Posts
Since it sounds like a sport bike, the officer most likley hit the rear tire. Cruser would have been damaged. Officer was in the wrong. Wonder if he reported the incident??

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Little accidents like this are nothing to get upset about, its not that big of a deal.I just wonder why the cop needed to be such a dick about it.

·
Registered
7,123 Posts

·
Massive Member
26,935 Posts
Biker needs to pay more attention, he opens up a big space, then when someone puts on their blinker, speeds up as if to deny them the lane, then last minute, slows way down to let them in. Smooth is safe, these sudden changes will get you in trouble. One second you're doing one thing, people may even see you doing that, then they change lanes based on that behavior, then you've accelerated quickly and done something unexpected, and wonder why you keep getting in trouble, almost getting hit. Sudden unexpected moves make you prone to being hit by cars.

Cop probably saw him zoom up, took off, then glanced down for a second right when the biker suddenly stopped. Boom.

Cop is definitely at fault here too. Pretty much anytime you rear end someone, you were following too close to react in time. Brake lights on the vehicle ahead is all the fair warning you should need to stop. Had the cop noticed the car's blinker, he should have figured out the bike might have to let him in and backed off/expected a stop by the bike.

I think the cop was a) pissed at himself for screwing up, took it out on the biker, b) knew he was wrong, but came on strong to put the biker on the defensive, make him think he's lucky for not getting a ticket instead of thinking of filing an accident report on the cop, or c) didn't see the car blinking, coming over and thought the biker just stopped way short for no reason.

One of the above. C is my guess. He was thinking plenty of room for the car in front of the biker, so he'd have no reason to stop suddenly, didn't factor in the car trying to take advantage of all that space, biker speeds up to catch up, cop follows thinking plenty of safe distance between bike and car ahead, glances down right as biker stops short to let the other car into his lane.

Randy

·
Way too busy
5,310 Posts
Biker needs to pay more attention, he opens up a big space, then when someone puts on their blinker, speeds up as if to deny them the lane, then last minute, slows way down to let them in. Smooth is safe, these sudden changes will get you in trouble. One second you're doing one thing, people may even see you doing that, then they change lanes, do whatever, then you've accelerated quickly and done something unexpected, and wonder why they keep getting in trouble.

Cop probably saw him zoom up, took off, then glanced down for a second right when the biker suddenly stopped.

Cop is definitely at fault here too. Pretty much anytime you rear end someone, you were following too close to react in time. Brake lights on the vehicle ahead is all the fair warning you should need to stop. Had the cop noticed the car's blinker, he should have figured out the bike might have to let him in and backed off/expected a stop by the bike.

I think the cop was a) pissed at himself for screwing up, took it out on the biker, b) knew he was wrong, but came on strong to put the biker on the defensive, make him think he's lucky for not getting a ticket instead of thinking of filing an accident report on the cop, or c) didn't see the car blinking, coming over and thought the biker just stopped way short for no reason.

One of the above.

Randy
Queue the "yeah but if he wasn't a cop, there would have been a swat team slamming him to the ground and charging him with aggravated murder!"

It will of course be prefaced by "my dad/uncle/cousin was a cop.."

·
Massive Member
26,935 Posts
So wonder what happens if that goes viral and comes to the attention of his superiors? Minor fender bender, no damage, would he have had to file a report?

Seems like a pretty minor incident, no big deal on that account.

I don't think the cop handled it very well though, he seemed unawares that he was in the wrong. Unless I'm unawares that I'm wrong about him being wrong... :supergrin:

Randy

·
Premium Member
28,685 Posts
Am I the only one that thought, what's the big effin deal? Looked like a love tap that should have resulted in nothing had everyone kept a cool head.
Yes. Unfortunately, the 1st person to speak (from the limited view we have) set the tone for the entire conversation.

There is truth in the statement that cars cannot brake (nor accelerate) as fast as sports bikes. It is for that reason why you (me, we) need to allow for that distance within which you can safely bring your vehicle to a complete stop without pancaking the vehicle in front of you.

Any 20yr old knows that. I would hope a 20yr veteran knows that too.

One of my neighbors has a bike, and I have a cousin who rides a bike. :tongueout:

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Am I the only one that thought, what's the big effin deal? Looked like a love tap that should have resulted in nothing had everyone kept a cool head.
No, lots of people are saying that. And then they also comment on how the officer was a dick, when he didn't need to be. Like was said above, it seems to be a sport bike, which means the cop most likely hit the back tire, which most likely means no damage was done.

So if the cop had been all "Ooops, sorry dude, I didn't mean to do that, lets make sure nothing was done to your bike." I'm sure everything would've been cool and nobody would've seen this video. But since the cop was a major dick to the guy, the guy posted the video, and rightly so.

·
No Longer Fenced In
11,133 Posts
Systems I saw yrs ago only ran when light/siren/similar were on. I guess with how cheap memory is nowdays (vs tape) So do they camera's run all the time? Or still only when lights/siren/manually turned on?
The last I heard, the local PD to me had their cameras set where they recorded when lights came on (actually, it set the temporary memory into permanent memory starting with what was recorded a minute prior to the activation), and/or when the car hits 80 mph or faster. They're constantly on, but not constantly recording, if that makes sense.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.