close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cool pic

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Apr 3, 2003.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

2. Diablo X

Diablo X Rowdy Member

Just to play Devil's Advocate... how about a cartoon that shows how a half dozen terrorists forged documents (or obtained CCWs legally) and carried onto a plane and then engaged in a firefight with the few passengers (or most likely none) that carried, and still took over the plane?

3. Central Texan

Central Texan AmericanSoldier

All them handguns and not ONE Glock;P

*in edit* Well, maybe the one on the top right;d

4. stimpsonjcat

stimpsonjcat

So what you are saying is that because there may only be one legitimate permit carrying person on the plane, and that he may die in an attempt to prevent a terrorist group from taking over the aircraft, that the effort should not be made? Surely this is superior to simply letting them have it without a fight? Or is it just civilians having guns you are against, if they have to fight them with their laptops and shoes it's OK?

The idea that a brave man will not fight simply because he is unarmed is offensive to me. The pervasive idea that an otherwise rational man will make bad decisions simply because he is armed is equally offensive. And neither has any substance.

5. ls

ls Millennium Member

That is because the bad guys only have knives, so the Glock owners are letting those who carry inferior guns take care of the light work.

6. Diablo X

Diablo X Rowdy Member

I'm not making any statements about arming citizens, I generally think it's a good idea.

I'm just making the suggestion that allowing carry onto the plane by passengers MAY be a system that would work in favor of hijackers.

7. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

we already have a system that works in favor of hijackers, we disarm the passengers, given the choice between two systems both with inherit problems, i would rather have the one that gives me a fighting chance.

8. Diablo X

Diablo X Rowdy Member

All passengers were disarmed on 9-11, but the bad guys were outnumbered... therefore they (terrorists) were NOT at an advantage. Just no one chose to fight.

9. ray9898

ray9898

If the system was reversed you would effectivly be arming any hijacker who wanted to be.

10. vegamite

vegamite

If the system was reversed you would effectivly be arming any hijacker who wanted to be.

That is why you arm everyone. You should not be allowed to board a plane unless you are armed.

Hmmmm...I think I'm onto something here.

If a hijacker wants to smuggle a weapon - he/she can. Idon't care what you say - it can be done - weather it be an inside job or whatever.

That means that the only people on the plane with weapons will be the bad guys. That means, that people will be fighting (and believe me - they will be if heven forbid this ever happens again) with whatever they have (they have been effetively disarmed, right).

Now, if everybody carries and everybosy knows it, the chances of a hijacking are already much less. Who walks into a battle undergunned and outnumbered (unless they have to).