Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this in the Corral because I’m not sure if there’s a place for AR posts and it’s really is AR15 specific.

Anyway, you’re not supposed to find cool gun stuff in Canada, are you? Maybe I’m just prejudiced. I think it works for other calibers, but it’s designed for 5.56/.223 in stripper clips. Other than 5.56/223, I’ve only used it for 300 BLK and it works fine. Also, you can stack loose rounds without clips.

So, I was in a little gun shop in British Columbia. A guy was there dropping off an order (or making a sale) for a cool little AR tool called MagRipper.

Product Font Commemorative plaque Wood Event

Brown Wood Font Rectangle Floor

Apparently they have a couple American distributors.

Where To Buy

It’s kind of like an advanced ‘spoon’ for stripper clips, but way faster and way more positive. The little mag unloader spur works quite well if you need to empty a mag for some reason. It’s also got a small spike for pushing take-down/pivot pins. The guy claims the Canadian Special Forces are using it (so, that’s like 20 people?). If I get a chance, I’ll post a video. Usually I’m not a gimmick guy, but this thing really works!

It’s a little funny to me that the shop made its first sale of this thing to an American!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can you guys not get StripLULA's up there?

Same concept, more compact, better designed if you ask me. It can take stripper clips or loose rounds.

I got pretty good at it. I can load 3 stripper clips into a 30 round mag in probably about 6 seconds.

It can also be used as an unloader but that takes a little more practice.

About the only thing the Lula doesn't have is a takedown pin pusher, but I haven't found that to be a big deal.

With how much they are touting that Mag Ripper, I'll bet it isn't going to be cheap. It's partially carbon fiber. A Lula runs about $24.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much are they? PM is fine.
With how much they are touting that Mag Ripper, I'll bet it isn't going to be cheap. It's partially carbon fiber. A Lula runs about $24.
I paid with American cash, so I got the exchange rate, but I think they were about $20 each, so that was $25-ish Canadian.

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Slick tool, but unless you're loading hundreds of rounds in multiple magazines as fast as you can dump 'em off, why bother with it? I just load them cartridges in one at a time.

It is pretty slick though.

·
Registered
27,840 Posts
The second AK47 I bought came with a bag of stripper clips - it also had the little metal thingy you put on the mag to help feed the rounds.

At the time I think I had 4 AK mags - so I would load a bunch of stripper clips before going to the range and after a learning curve I could load 30 rounds into an AK mag really fast -

But then I went on a mag buying spree - a dozen here a dozen there - pretty soon I had enough mags I didn't mess with stripper clips -

I now have an UpLULA for pistol, AR & AK mags - but now I need something to load mini 30 mags - the Ruger American Ranch mags are a PITA to load - on the up side I don't need to load that many since it is a bolt action -

·
NRA Life Member
73,659 Posts
I have only used the Maglula Striplula. It's pretty good.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
I have only used the Maglula Striplula. It's pretty good.

In addition to the striplula, they have a conventional type maglula that tends to get the most use for me.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
In addition to the striplula, they have a conventional type maglula that tends to get the most use for me.

Oh the LULA is fantastic. I did not realize they had a Gen II.

I have them for pistol mags, AR mags and Colt pattern SMG mags. Love them all.

Reactions: -JCN-

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I put this in the Corral because I’m not sure if there’s a place for AR posts and it’s really is AR15 specific.

Anyway, you’re not supposed to find cool gun stuff in Canada, are you? Maybe I’m just prejudiced. I think it works for other calibers, but it’s designed for 5.56/.223 in stripper clips. Other than 5.56/223, I’ve only used it for 300 BLK and it works fine. Also, you can stack loose rounds without clips.

So, I was in a little gun shop in British Columbia. A guy was there dropping off an order (or making a sale) for a cool little AR tool called MagRipper.

View attachment 1097454

View attachment 1097453

Apparently they have a couple American distributors.

Where To Buy

It’s kind of like an advanced ‘spoon’ for stripper clips, but way faster and way more positive. The little mag unloader spur works quite well if you need to empty a mag for some reason. It’s also got a small spike for pushing take-down/pivot pins. The guy claims the Canadian Special Forces are using it (so, that’s like 20 people?). If I get a chance, I’ll post a video. Usually I’m not a gimmick guy, but this thing really works!

It’s a little funny to me that the shop made its first sale of this thing to an American!
I have the original non folding model that must have inspired this modification and it's an awkward thing to stow. In a range bag is about as far afield as mine ever went. By the way the CDN stripper clip can be used to start a fire.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I bought a few 420 round cases of XM193 55gr years ago and it came with stripper clips. I reload them and keep them in an ammo can. I used a StripLULA to load them but I have few reloading spoons that came with the ammo cans that I can also used if need be.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts