close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cookware - New to Me

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by General Sherman, Jun 25, 2004.

1. General Sherman

General Sherman

I was at the outlet center in Dawsonville, GA and discovered a cookware brand from Germany which looked great. It is called Berndes Cookware.
    The pots and pans are made of aluminum and non-stick coated. Mostly black.
    I have some similar cookware made by Le Creuset in blue. Le Creuset is usually iron covered in enamel but made some in aluminum with non-stick surfaces, which I have and like.

Anyway if I did not have about two of every pot and pan that I could possibly need, I would have bought some. The Berndes are pricey even at a discount like the Le Creuset.

2. Caretaker

Caretaker GO YANKEES!!!

Le Crueset and Calphalon are the Mercedes Benz of Cookware. cant do any better than that...I love to cook too and wish i could afford some of that type of cookware too. I specialize in italian and american cuisine, but cook everything or at least try to. LOL.

good luck and nice talking to yu.
    best to yu, kevin :) :) :) :)

3. JennYe

JennYe

Caretaker,

What is a repeater?

I know what a 1873 is. What is your repeater station and what does it do?

^8

4. jason10mm

jason10mm NRA-GOA-TSRA

I have a lot of Berndes stuff (there is an outlet store in Charlotte, where my folks live). I really like it. The non-stick coating is VERY thick, the construction is tough, the lids fit well, and the pots and pans are heavy enough to heat well (even over electric burners, yuck!!). I have some cast iron I prefer for most stuff, but the Berndes does it for me otherwise. Definitely FAR FAR FAR supperior to the $10 "teflon" pots and pans I used to grab at Walmart. I went through a new set every year of that crap, the Berndes is going strong for 3 years now (and has a lifetime warranty, IIRC).

5. Caretaker

Caretaker GO YANKEES!!!

a repeater is a communicatuions system that enables what would usyually be short range communications between mobile car radios. handhaled radios to base station radios to achieve longer range of communications such as what your local police and fire and ambulance use. when a police officer is on a handheld radion and trying to talk to a policeman in his car10 miles away, they couldnt do so if tried to talk from one radio to another direct. so what they do is they talk to the communications repeater which recieves the signal fro one another and retransmits it back out from atop a mountain or hilltop somewhere in town to all the surrounding areas. thsi enables more persons to hear it over longer and more distant area. well they use repeaters for emegency communications such as fire and police and ambulance and all and town and city government such as public works and so on. but also for businesses who try to communicate to their trucks from the base radio at the main office.
    A repaeater all in all just recieves a transmitted signal from someone radio and rebroadcasts it back out at a higher power from a higher area to enable more and more people to hear than would normally would if just did it without it.

tried to put that as simple in terms as possible to best explain it for you to understand. hope i did ok?...lol...its alot easier to show it than to say it. enclosed is a picture of my repeater thjat we have up and running.

take care and be well. your freind kevin;f ;f ;f