Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here subscribe to "Cooks Illustrated", the best periodical cooking magazine ever?

I'm not actually one for print magazines these days, but this thing is PURE GENIOUS. Full of GREAT cooking advice, based on "scientific" trial and error. The author generally starts with a "cooking premise".. some sort of "problem" he wants to solve, and then, through the course of an article, recounts his trials vs. a particular recipe, and gives the "solution".

I just tried his "well done burgers".. oh.. my.. god.. Never thought you could actually grill a burger such that it had adequate grilling on the outside and was still tender in the middle.. Wow.

Anyway, anyone interested in cooking should definintely make sure they look into this magazine. Definitely amazing.

·
The King
1,862 Posts
We've been occasional subscribers.... The subscription lapses and its a couple months before a I relize it and renew it. Come to think of it I havent seen an issue in a while. You're right its a great magazine.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I've had a continuous subscription since the mid 90's...
I'll keep it going forever, as long as they're there...

A while back I posted trying to get everybody signed up here...

The web site is cool too, and I have my DVR set up to record America's Test Kitchen each Sunday
at 3:30... It's their TV version of the magazine...
With all the characters, and the format that we know and love...

Da best, you're right...

:beer:

·
The Cooler
770 Posts
Love the mag although I let my subscription lapse. TV show is great.

Best recipe ever? Meatloaf, published about 10 years ago.:eat:

Their review of foods is somewhat at odds with my own. They, being from New England, tend to like some of their foods sweeter than other regions of the country however, they readily admit to their bias. For example, their bacon review found NE brands more satisfying although they acknowledged that other parts of the country prefer saltier or smokier.

Equipment reviews are first rate.

It's a great mag and probably the best in the class.

:broccoli: :dancingbanana: :broccoli: :pepper:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts