Conyers

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Glockrunner, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Who's going?

Mrs Glockrunner

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

This "Old Guy" from Northwest Florida will be there shooting 6 categories. This will be my first match since Anderson and 4 1/2 months of Chiropractor Care. Feeling much better now and should be ready for a good match.:thumbsup:

3. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

The Conyers match is our first since Anderson. Let's hope everyone has a great match.

Hopefully, the chiropractor helped you. I know you were having some troubles before.

See you there!!!

Pat (Mrs G-R)

4. SMLR

SMLR

I will be there shooting 4 categories.

It’s a great match, after shooting it last year I made it a permanent addition to my calendar. Last year was also my first time out at a GSSF and I won one of the random $100 prizes!

Hope you have a great time!

5. TatonkaJack

TatonkaJack

I'll be there! Shooting 4 divisions (all but the compacts. But hopefully Santa will bring me a G30 for Christmas! ) My wife will actually be shooting this as her first GSSF match with her brand new G17 I bought for her birthday. I wish her luck trying to beat me! See you all there!

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

I have to say all that time with the Chiropractor sure did not help with your looks. U--still--Ugaaaaaaaley! Only now with you body some what on the mend your shooting is improving also so We all might need to start watching you. :rofl: :) :banana: :banana: :wavey:

Pharaoh

I will be with the "Old Guy" from Northwest Florida and I will be shooting 6 categories. Some Sat. and Some Sun. No specific order AM/Civ,Master Stock, Master Unlimited, Major Sub, Sub compact, and completion. First time for ever shooting 6. Time will tell. Oh yes I will be RO'ing Sat. where needed.
    :)

7. ede

ede

i'll be there RO 1/2 day saturday and shoot the other 1/2. pam will RO all day. i'm bring a load of brass for some friends and picking uo a load of brass from some friends and another load from a GT member.

8. mikey357

mikey357 CLM

As SRGC is "Only" about 45 miles from the house, I plan to be there as well...MAY try to shoot four guns over two days...just hafta' see how the "Work Schedule" and "Honey-Do" thing(s) work out!!!....mikey357

9. sailor

sailor

Where is everyone staying at Conyers?

10. Don At PC

Several of us are staying here as we do every year:

Hampton Inn Conyers
    1340 Dogwood Drive SE
    Conyers, GA United States 30013
    Phone: 1-770-483-8838 Fax: 1-770-483-4588

11. SMLR

SMLR

Does anyone have any plans for a GSSF/ Glock Talkers dinner Saturday night?

12. SCC

SCC just me

SOUND'S good !!!!!! just can't wait to shoot the match gssf rule's

13. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Maybe Saturday, if not, for sure on Sunday. Got a week of vacation, going to start it out with a GSSF match.:banana: Going to Tybee after the match.

14. rt_wing_nut

rt_wing_nut

I'm planning to go and this will be my first match. How many mags will I need, and how many rounds in each for each course of fire?

I plan to visit GSSF online before the weekend and read up on the rules, etc. My question is probably answered there, but thanks in advance for the answer.

15. ede

ede

to shoot a stage without reloading you need 4 mags for the plates and 3 mags for the M and 5TG. total rounds i think is 107 if you need them and the least is 83 if i counted right. you'd also want some extra ammo for side shoots and reshoots if you have to do that.

16. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Friends in low places at GSSF would like you to be aware of the following.

The 2006 Conyers GSSF match drew 443 entries.

At 443 entries, it was the SMALLEST Conyers GSSF match in the past consecutive 8 years.

Those entries took home 16 guns and $4,350 in cash awards. 9 guns were "1st place" type awards and 7 guns were "random". $1,675 in "place" cash awards and $2,675 in "random" cash awards.

Under the new GSSF prize allocation system, assuming this weekend's match again draws 443 entries, there will be at least 8 and possibly as many as 12 "place" firearms (depending on how many "Masters" end up shooting in each of Competition, Subcompact, and MajorSub and how may Amateurs shoot in MajorSub).

There would also be 13 "random" firearms awards, for a total of between 21 and 25 firearm awards.

"Place" cash awards would amount to a minimum of $1,900.

There would be 82 $50/2 year membership "Random" awards or $1,900 + $4,100 ='s $6,000 in cash awards/extended memberships.

Of course, if the match EXCEEDS 443 entries, those prize totals will also rise.

So, get those entries in today!

Or, if you don't have time or the means to get er' done this late, you can still sign up both for GSSF AND the match, right at the match.

Just get the map off GSSF's website, "gssfonline.com" and come on out.

:supergrin:

I think this deserves to be repeated as a new thread, so I will start one accordingly.

17. ede

ede

i suspect with opening up Sub and Comp to Masters the total entry count will be higher than last year even if the number of shooters stays the same. i don't think there'll be much problem filling MSub Sub and Comp with 10 masters to up the gun give away total.

18. Don At PC

I will be there and am signed up for 6 categories ( AmCiv, Competition, Sub-Compaq, Maj-Sub, Master Stock and UL). Plan on shooting part on Sat and finish on Sunday morning. My first match since Anderson and I am excited.:thumbsup:

19. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Whew! :supergrin: Best of luck Chief! I'd like to do that sometime at Milwaukee or Oakdale; enter more than 3 and take all day or a day & a half to do them, mixing with gun-store shopping, visiting with friends, or whatever. I don't suppose your own masseuse is flyin' in from Bangkok...?

:patriot:

20. Don At PC

Now don't advertise my secret. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I would post her picture but this is a family site. :tongueout: :rofl: :animlol: :wavey: