close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conyers today was my 1st match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Adam5, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Adam5

Adam5

I shot my 1st match at Conyers today. I did awful!!! I didn't expect to do great with a three week old 17 and not shooting since having new sights installed yesterday. Glock the Plates: 1st string left 3 standing, 2nd & 3rd cleared the rack with 6 shots, 4th string: left 1 standing. Glock 'M : did fine, no misses decent time and score. 5 to Glock: Did ok except for the 25 yard target. 2 D's and 4 misses. I'm still working on my shooting low issue that I have with my Glock.

I had a blast though!! I guess that that's just as important as doing good. I'm going to work on my shooting low issues, and shoot the monthly GSSF indoor matches at my local range. I'll be shooting 100% better by the next match I can attend. If there is anyone that's a GSSF member and hasn't shot a match yet, I highly reccomend it !!!

Adam

2. Terminator

Terminator

Adam
    Welcome to the GSSF family. Youll never meet a better bunch of people anywhere. I hope to meet you sometime. :welcome:

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i shot 2 years ago at marietta for my 1st try at competitive shooting and my score was a 297, i think, near 300 anyways in AmCiv. now GSSF won't even let me shoot AmCiv.

4. Adam5

Adam5

I'm going to keep working on my 25 yard shots. I'm fine at closer distances, but I'm always low on longer shots. I'm going to see how far Lexington is from Atlanta, maybe I can shoot there. I'll DEFINATELY be at FT Benning in the spring. That's just a 2 hour drive from here. In the mean time, my normal range hosts monthly GSSF indoor matches. I'm entering there Sat morning. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only person to do bad the 1st time. I'll let you know how I do Sat.

Adam

5. mleeber

mleeber

Adam,
    I think it is about 6 hours to Lexington from Cumming. I drove it 2 years ago, left Cumming at 2AM shot, and headed back at 3PM (there was a huge backup at the plates and it took 2 hours to get thru or I would have left by 1). Not something I am likely to repeat....