close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conyers here we come!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BK94, Aug 21, 2011.

1. BK94

BK94

Hotel reservations made for the GSSF shoot in Conyers and I cant wait. Will be my 5th one this year. I will be looking for Ed to see his run on the plates in person! Will be driving down friday and at the match sat and sun then driving home on monday. Hope to see yall there and put faces with names.

Sending a 17 to Bobby in the morning and I hope to get it back in time to practice with and bring down to the match to break her in.

2. hagan34

hagan34

Good luck at Conyers, I cant wait to move back east so I don't have only one event within 9 hrs of me. Shot my 1st event yesterday and I'm hooked. If I was back in the bluegrass I'd be able to hit the 2 in OH, WV, KY, 2 in TN, IN and possibly the GA events. :steamed:

3. mike g35

mike g35

When you move "back east" it sounds like we will be shooting all the same matches. I hope to see you there.
    Good luck in Conyers I wish I could make it there. Maybe next year.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i'll be working the match on Saturday, plan to shoot Friday with the ROs. I'll have my team shirt on, not sure where I'll be working. If I were to guess I'd say one of the bays with a plate rack, there ought to be 2 bays and 3 plate racks. I'm switching out the sights on both my iron sight guns. Hoping for an improvement in seeing the sights, hope POI and POA are close to te same.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  5. BK94

BK94

What sights are you going to try?

6. ede

ede Bama's Friend

7. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

8. ede

ede Bama's Friend

yeah i had to check my invoice to make sure that's what i got, guess i got lucky last week when i ordered.

9. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

do you have a hotel recommendation?

My next event was supposed to be Florida ,But I was told this is the biggest and the best and not to miss it I am still going to Florida I just wanted to see if I could squeeze this one in

I am trying to see what it will cost me

I have to figure for a hotel rental car flight,

What air port is local and easy to get in and out of

I had been saving up for a trip to Georgia for advanced armorers class but may do this instead

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  10. ede

ede Bama's Friend

well i got my GFT 113 and GFT 119s yesterday and all i can say is i didn't pay much attention when i ordered. i thought i was getting a red painted front sight, what i got is a FO front with the big FO rod. i ordered 2 painted white fronts and 2 painted orange fronts last nite. if it goes like all my other excersions into trying new sights i'll be back to Heinie rear and a plain AmeroGlo front before too long and have more spare sights for my parts box.

11. SARDG

SARDG

Buy more guns to put them on! :tongueout:

12. BK94

BK94

We are sta

13. BK94

BK94

We are staying at the Holiday inn and I think its 85 a night. We will be driving down from Ohio.

Yep this will be my first year down there, had to make the trip for the Biggest one of the year. Want to see some of the top shooter around. Good Luck!

14. jdwatson

jdwatson

I'm undecided on the GL-433 (always out of stock) and GL-229-OP sights. I'm looking forward to Conyers too. It'll be my 1st match of the year !! As long as I keep mending at the pace I am, knock wood, we'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Maybe this time I'll work up the nerve to ask Gunny to pose for pic or something. I heard that Travis Tritt will be there too.

15. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Gunny is very cool and friendly! Walk up and introduce yourself and ask of you can get a photo with him, you'll find him very accommodating!

Dan:cool:

16. SARDG

SARDG

Trouble is... every time I've seen Gunny, there are a million people around standing in a line. I gave up on lines after the Navy - stand in line to eat, stand in line to get paid, stand in line for inoculations... :shocked: Food and money are one thing, but shots??

If I’m standing in the chow line with Gunny, maybe someone will be kind enough to take a pic and send it to me. :)

17. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Try to get a pic or autograph when his "Hollywood Handlers" are around. It's a shame when they prevent a couple Military folks from having 30 seconds together. That is when I lost all interest.

Don:patriot:

18. SARDG

SARDG

...and maybe Gunny doesn't like squids, so that's another strike against me. :crying:

19. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I really don't think it is all the Gunny. He has just had enough "Hollywood Exposure" that he is protecting his income stream. I would never hack it in that enviroment because as a retired military person I hold my military friendships more dearly than any Hollywood make believe life style. But that is me.

Don

20. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

The Gunny is a very personable person to approach. He will take time for photos, autographs, and talk with you. He is there promoting Glock Inc. and GSSF, so bring your camera for photos, copy of Full Metal Jacket, photos for autographs.

I guarantee you will have your photo and an autograph by the end of the day.