close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conyers Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Sniper 7.62, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Hope y'all had a good time. Let's here how the PDAs worked out this time.:)

2. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

PDA was set up for plates only!
    I had a pretty good match!
    Got to shoot the G-37!!
    Saw a bunch of GT's and Team mates!
    Thanks to all the RO's, they did an excellent job!
    Good weather and great BBQ at Sonny's!

3. tommyc

tommyc

Being my first match, I had a great time and learned at lot (especially where my weak points are). Today I shot Amatuer Civilian and Subcompact, I'm going back tomorrow to shoot Major Subcompact. One guy that shot before me shot the plates in under 3 seconds. I don't know how that ranks against anyone else, but I was impressed.

At the plate stage I was at, the PDA's crapped out just before I got to shoot :). We all had to fill out score sheets.

4. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

Debra and I had a great time. Saw many Glock friends, dinner on Friday was good, met some new friends from across the pond. I met DannyR for the first time and Bobby Carver shared some tips on shooting the plates. Going back on Sunday to shoot my UL and Comp.

5. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

A wonderful and good time at dinner Friday evening! A special surpriise was seeing Danny R. again and having breakfast with the Sidearmour crowd.

Hey Jay S. where'd ya' go? How'd ya shoot?

Gosh, so many friends, so little time!!!!

And Vicki showed up too. A real good person to know, in a pinch!

6. Vinh

Vinh

The weather was perfect, and I think I shaved off about 20 seconds since Statesville. Mr. Sevigny happened to remember me, which was a pleasant surprise. I'm moseying up the ranks and can't wait till Lexington. :)

7. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

The staff did a great job as usual. The humidity was killing me, but Im used to the desert. Shot mediocre overall but a good trip overall.

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I offer a special thank you to the Glock Staff, GSSF Staff and all the RO's for providing us GSSF shooters such a fine opportunity to shoot and enjoy our Glock pistols. The factory armorers, under the direction of Ed Fitzgerald, were busy all day Saturday cleaning and inspecting pistols.

It was an emotional roller coaster weekend for me, comimg so soon after Martha's death, but it was so very comforting to be surrounded by my best friends and teammates.

Chris Edwards presented me with my G37 at the Friday night dinner--what a surprise. It' beautiful and shoots like a dream.

Got to meet Mr. & Mrs. Peacekeeper and Mr. & Mrs. G29 Man--both wonderful couples that I look forward to seeing again. Met several other GT'ers and got to see my Friends from Pistol People again.

I shot fair, but was happy with my performance. Team Sidearmor was there in force and turned in some really fine individual and team scores.

Saturday night was a real blast with entertainment provided by Chris Edwards, Glenn Meyer and Cowboy Ray. What a hoot! New York Canolli's to boot.

Hope to meet Robert Gaston at 0900 hours before leaving to return home.

A special thanks to the Joisey Boys for providing transportation to Conyers, and the Florida Bunch for transporting me around town.

Thanks to all for helping me get through a most difficult weekend. I love you all.

On to Lexington!
    -Danny Ryan

9. Hawkman

Hawkman

I had a great day! Got to meet Danny and many of the other Team SideArmor folks. Nice that they all wear team shirts so you can pick them out! I was kind of wishing that all the GT'ers were wearing some kind of ID. Be cool to know who everyone is!

Saw some awesome shooting, none of it mine!

;f

10. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

This was my second time to Conyers Match. Had a great time, again. ;K
    This makes the 4th GSSF Match that I've been to, since I got hooked on Glocks. Can't wait til Fla Matches now.
    Good Luck to all.

11. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

...was a super match. My hat is off the the ROs, match organizers, and the GSSF staff. Super job!!

Also had a chance to shoot the 37. That little .45 has some "snap" to it. Was very impressed.

Tagged along w/DTOM and "Eddie the Great" this match. Had alot of fun. Sorry I missed you Glockrunner. I didn't have anymore time to play. Had to get home to the family.

..also shot my new 20C, on the warm-up plates. Amazing what porting will do!!

Jay

12. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Matt, the humidity this weekend was mild, you need to come down here in August to some real humidity! ;f ;f ;f

I shot ok, 127 in subcompact and a 110 in AM/Civ, the hunt for a sub 100 score continues! ;g ;g

The match went very smoothly. I never had to wait more then five minutes at any stage, and I didn't get any of my sheets turned in until 10:00 and I was done by 11:30, so they were really getting the shooters in and out pretty quick. The RO's did a great job, thumbs up to the crew at the South River Gun Club!

I shot the G37 and I liked it, if I ever win a certificate, I believe I'm gonna be getting a G37.

13. Mayonaise

Mayonaise

I haven't shot a GSSF match since 2000. Been tempted but other things were in the way. Didn't even shoot it today. Thought I'd go down and RO though. Glad you guys had fun in GA. Chris, Scott and the rest of the GSSF crew do a great job. It's a pleasure working under them.

Might have to put the 1911's away for a while and go back to the Glock.

In attendence today.
    Robert Glock
    Wault Rauch
    David Sevigny

It was interesting to see Robert running the timer for Uncle Walt.

Mark

14. Nukem

Nukem

This is the first match that I shot 2 classes back to back. Though I know I shot my worse score ever in amateur civilian, I am comparatively happy with my first event with the G34. I shot AmCiv with a G30 and factory ammo...wow! what a blast! ;a My score may be bad, but I was smiling all the way home. I too will add that the RO's were great and I was able to shoot both in less than 2.5 hours during the busiest part of the day. Outstanding! I miss being able to pick up the G23 magazines at Conyers. It was nice last year being able to get them for 40 bucks each. Well, must be time to register for the Lexington match...

(I'm still trying to figure out how I could have used a magazine with only 8 rounds in it for the Five-to-Glock...at the last target I'm lookin' down at a empty G30! ;Q OH, well...);g

15. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

I'm going to go with HELL NO! I prefer the 110 with 15% humidity.

16. wenneker

wenneker Curious Member

I had a great time. Started on Sunday at 09:00am and was done by 11:00am. Very professional and friendly people.

17. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Well another GREAT "Glock Annual Shoot"......Really one for the books!!!!Great weather, Outstanding RO's and the Glock & GSSF Staff members did their usual Fantastic job!!! The Friday night dinner was a suprize for all of us to see DannyR getting his NEW G37!!!! Also getting to meet Stephen and Tony from Germany!! The Saturday get together was really GREAT!!! Glenn Meyer entertain us with a presentation to Mr. Chris Edwards!! It was really wonderful to meet all the new folks and see our old friends! Just as a side note, my nephew Steven, who lives in Conyers, shot his first GSSF match and did very well!! We even got his mom, Cindy to try shooting the practice plates and she had a BLAST!!! She got all 6 down on both runs!! After I got done shooting, I ask her if she wanted to try my U/LG17L on the plates and she did and again all 6 went down on both runs!! Now she is hooked!! Attached is a picture of "The Group" with Cindy in the middle and Steven to her left!

18. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I was not there and am still depressed. I write this from work. Sometimes life is @#$%^&. :(

On a good not my LE partner from GA was there and had a best ever time of 101 in Am/LE. Wished I coulda watched it.

Will definatly make the two FL matches and am hoping for Lexinton. See some of you guys then. :)

19. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well I am now partly rested from a great weekend. The South River Gun Club did a great job of hosting the match, it really ran great. The weather was perfect. The GSSF as usuall outdid themselves and made sure a good time was had by all. Thanks to our Jersey friend (Old Glenn) for the Cannolies. They were great, not good for the wasteline but sure tickled the taste buds.

Was great seeing our friends and meeting a couple new friends. Met Mr & Mrs G29 and had an enjoyable conversation with them. This was their first GSSF Match and I think they had an enjoyable experience. Hope they can make more matches in the future. It was certainly great having our old Friend Danny Ryan with us for the weekend.

All in all it was a great weekend. Both the Friday and Saturday night gatherings were loads of fun and fellowship. One of the best weekends I have experienced in awhile.

Now its time to practice and get ready for Shreveport.;c ;c ;c

20. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I forgot to ask this in my original post, but does anyone what tv show the camera crew was with? They were there Sunday filming, and I think they filmed me shooting the 5 to Glock.

I wanna know so I can can watch the show, this might just be my fifteen minutes of fame! ;f ;f ;f