close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conyers Debriefing 2006

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Sep 30, 2006.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I expect a lot of stories out of the biggest, greatest match of the year.

2. DeltaWhiskey

DeltaWhiskey

I managed to shoot all three of my stages in about 45 minutes.

3. RoyRNC

RoyRNC

Conyers was my 4th GSSF event I have attended, and I have to say this was by far the best. Hats off to the Range Officers for keeing things moving smoothly. What an awesome/beautiful range. I have never seen anything this nice before (sorry no pictures, I forgot the camera at home). I saw Don and Dan of Team Carver working the "Glock M." I have to commend these gentlemen for an outstanding job. Not only did they run a smooth COF but they treated everyone with respect and sincerity. I saw them offer a few newbies some advice and encouragement. These guys are part of what makes it fun to attend a match.

At the plates my trigger spring broke before I could fire my first round. The armorers fixed it up in a matter of seconds and I was off to the plates again. No charge for the parts or work. Scored my personal best time on one of the runs at 4.12 seconds (lets not discuss the other 3 runs).

Couple of vendors there. I saw Rick from AmeriGlo and he had some awesome deals. Definately worth stopping by and seeing what he has. There was a local gun shop selling all sorts of Glock clothing, hats, etc.. along with some holsters, lights, mag pouches, AMMO, etc... The local shop was also selling Glocks to GSSF Members at the special promotial rate currently going on.

The only freebie given out that I was aware of, was a cool GSSF pin. There was also food and drinks for sale. The host range did an awesome job and I will definately be back next year.

4. Adam5

Adam5

I was at Conyers today. Got new sights from Rick at Ameriglo and the armorers installed them at no charge. This is the first GSSF (non-indoor) match I've seen. Everyone was so nice and didn't hesitate to answer of my rookie questions. Today was my time to observe and learn. I'll be going back tomorrow to shoot.

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

DEJ asked me if i'd RO, i said yes and said pam would too if we could run the plates till noon, so cindy set it up for us. i left to shoot around noon and pam stayed to keep scores. when i got to the plates to shoot the RO there left and i had to stay till near 4. as we were about to shut done i ran a couple of ROs and got them to run me, then we shut down, no more shooters. dan and don opened up the M for me to shoot. i got to shoot dans red dot gun, i did better with his than mine. now i'm thinking about a new dot, new gun, or both. had friday nite dinner with carver mount team and a few other shooters. sort of funny but today i ran into bobby carver on the range, one of us was scoring and the other taping bullet holes. me and pam left around 5 pm, drove till 7:30 found a motel and an outback. we'll finish the trip tomorrow. one shooter that i ran today that i think stands out is cody tucker ( think that's his name) considering his age and limited amount of experience he is the finest shooter i saw today and may be the finiest shooter there today bar none. it may be a little early but i'd like to say congrats to mark leeber on his fine preformance today. had a great time, saw alot of friends and generally had a good time, but ROing so much then trying to shoot may not of been the smartest thing i ever did. pam did say if she won an RO gun she'd start competing.

6. mleeber

mleeber

This was indeed a smooth match!!! 288 shooters today - the smoothest Conyers match to date! Dan and Don were great on the M and Ede was rockin on the plates (Pam was keeping him in line)! I shot 6 classes and took my time spacing them out across the whole day, it made a huge difference on my scores. Thanks for the congrats Ede...we will see if my AmCiv score holds up. If it does I am in the shark pool for Pensacola.

Donna was working the match for Glock so I got to spend some quality time with her, she is one of the folks who makes all this fun possible, Great Lady!

Got to hang with the Carver crowd for dinner Friday and just got home from tonight's dinner - Mrs Fireglock found a great place to eat and no wait, excellent food, and Guiness on tap so Ray Ray will not be shooting beer tops across the room anymore.

Great to see everyone and Big thanks to all the ROs who did such a great job! See you guys in Florida!

7. whiskerz

whiskerz

As always a fun match I stunk it up with my first procedural ever in a match :upeyes: and was a little off my pace. I met Grady from team Carver and he shot a smoking 5 to glock. I have fun at every one of these and wish more were closer.

8. mleeber

mleeber

whiskerz, where was your proceedural? Was it on the plates? Was a guy with a big ole bushy mustache RO'ing you? He was mis-informed and was giving out proceedurals for using all 11 rounds on a plate run. He thought that 10 was allowed and use of #11 resulted in a proceedural. He tried to give a buddy of mine one and after we explained it to him he said that he had already given one out earlier in the day.

I do know there were several proceedurals given out today for real infractions though...

9. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

got back from my "other" activity this weekend and decided to go to the match after all

Danny - you arent going to pack up and leave just before I get there (like you always do) - are you?

10. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Rusty,

I'm home in Hardy Virginia, and have been all weekend. Darn, I hate to miss Conyers.

11. whiskerz

whiskerz

Mleeber I deserved this one. I thought that the guy with the mustache was me shooting. I forgot I won a shovel at one of the side matches so it was not a total loss and I had fun a:supergrin:

12. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

I'll Second what he said, I hate missing Conyers!

Pharaoh

:thumbsup:

13. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

for the 5 to Glock and the M?

14. mleeber

mleeber

M was normal and the 5 was short left to far right.

15. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Don and I shot the match this morning and we were finished in about a hour and a half. Thanks to all our fellow RO's for doing a GREAT job this year at Conyers. Don and I ran 80 entrys Saturday and all the competitors were very friendly and thanks us for working! The weather was just beautiful all weekend.
    I'm not sure on the total count, but I believe it will be a good size match.
    I would like to remind everyone of the up coming GSSF outdoor match in Pensacola November 11 & 12. I hope we will see all our friends and GT'ers there!

Dan:cool:

16. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

I tried to sneak in and out in about an hour like I normally do..... but "the gun" and "the shooter" were not cooperating very well today

spent more time with the armorer than I did shooting....

good to see everyone.

Fireglock - sorry to hear about your car troubles.... I hope your ride back to FL is better than the ride to GA

17. mr glock-fl

mr glock-fl

Hi Guys,
    The 5 to glock II and glock M III were the ones in play, a little hard on the long shot for the pepper poppers.

I had a good time, but I was dissapointed on my shooting tho. I did shoot about the same score so Bobby and Grady will have to wait till next time for me to crowd them(I still believe I can win the Fla Lottery Too-Ha,Ha).

Great to see all of you --Pensacola any one?? I will be there Sunday after the Fl-Ga Border Disorder(IDPA)on Sat in Jax.

Mike :banana: :wavey:

18. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well Conyers was again the wonderfull match it always is. Dan and I played RO on one of the Glock M bays all day Saturday and then Shot on Sunday morning. Had a great time and enjoyed visiting with many and chatting with the folks who shot our stage on Sat. All in all it was a great weekend. Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it happen. You all deserve a "Pat on the back and a big Thank You".

Now its time to start preparing for our next match which will be Lubbock, TX and the following weekend Lexington, KY. Always two more great weekends.:thumbsup:

19. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Now THAT's the road trip I've got in mind (next year). :thumbsup:

Hallsville/Brighton has only been a training exercise.... :faint:

:patriot:

20. GJM89

GJM89

Great match, Didn't shoot anywhere near my best but it just didn't matter, it was a great day. I missed Conyer's last year and I'll try never to let that happen again. Everything worked out just great, Scott had so many setups that everything went so fast on Sat. that it was like you were the only one shooting. Started out warming up on the Gunny Challenge ( the original side match challenge having been set up at the Jackson Match two years ago , just a point of interest), shot the Laser Red Gun challenge in cowboy town, run on Sat. by Vicki, Thanks Vicki, then proceeded to the 5 to on the far end of the range and had to wait approx. 5 mins. to shoot, imagine the nerve of them making us wait that long :supergrin: neat huh? Then a quick stop to reload magazines and pick up a quick burger, then onto the M. At the M we waited oh about another 5 mins. and they forced me to shoot brand new targets, the nerve of Them ROs:thumbsup: . Then to the plates where we waited approx. 10 mins.due to several of the ROs having a well deserved lunch break. Imagine shooting a complete match in less then an hour with wait time and shooting time included. This is one of the reasons you need to go to the match at Conyers. Then a run through the IPSC house setup at the rear of the range, thanks for the run throughs. And lastly, I will not mention how soundly I was slapped around at the man on man located at the Gunny Challenge at the end of the day by an Unknown person clouthed in a red shirt. I shall seek my revenge at our next meeting. :cool: :cool: . Thanks to all, great match.