Conyers Debriefing 2004

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Oct 2, 2004.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your comments here.

2. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Hey Coach
    What can I say............Another perfect match at Conyers!!!! The weather was GREAT, the RO's did an OUTSTANDING job and the GSSF staff was on top of all of it!!! I saw alot of old friends and as always made more new ones!
    There where a few more vendors and Glock was selling Hi-cap mags for $20.00 along with new GSSF tee shirts and new Team Glock appearal!
    Just a OUTSTANDING match! My thanks goes out to all the RO's and the entire GSSF staff for a FUN day!

Dan:cool:

3. Ricky T

Ricky T Millennium Member

Shot my first GSSF match, didn't even plan to shoot. :) I went to the range to buy a few magazines but ended up shooting. Got lucky and finished by 1pm before it got too hot. Bought 4 mags.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well step on myself again but not as bad as Statesville so things are looking up. As usuall Conyers is amoung the best of the best matches of the year. The RO's did a great job, even the new folks on the block worked their butts off to be sure we all had a great experience and I want to personally thank you for a great job.

It's now time to look forward to Shreveport in about 3 weeks and Lexington the following weekend. Great seeing everyone again and hope to see many of you at another match soon.

Again thanks to all the dedicated GSSF Staff and the volunteer RO's from the host club. This great weekend could not have been possible without your hard work. This Bud's for you. ;c ;c ;c

5. Hawkman

Hawkman

I got started later than I wanted, but finished registration at about 10:30. Finished all three stages by about 1:00, then had a burger. Bought eight hi-caps, some for models I don't currently own! (Gotta hit the gunshop;f )

Great match as usual. What I like best is seeing the VERY WIDE variety of shooters of ALL ages and skill levels having a great time! It is events like this that will help attract new people to shooting and help our cause.

I used my G37 and loaned my brand-new G22 to a guy who shoots a CZ at our pinshoots on Thursday. He joined GSSF, shot the match, then bought a couple of Glock 22 hi-caps. He is now in the market for his very own 22! Another one won over to the Dark Side!;)

6. Hawkman

Hawkman

BTW, according to the RO there was a kB! of a 30 at the bay where I shot the plates. The guy was using his own handloads, apparently with NO CRIMP at all. Blew the chamber and barrel, cracked the frame. When they looked at his ammo the bullets in the cartridges that were still in the mag were set all the way back in the cases! Massive overpressure.

7. sniper1moore

sniper1moore

Got to the range at about 8:30am registered,started shootng at 9:00am was finished at 10:14am that was shooting 2 divisions (Am Civ,CD)and LtGibson also shot in 2 we stopped by the armorer and then bought a new Team Glock hat and a new GSSF t-shirt.Had a great time very fast no holdups on any of the stages.A big Thank You to the RO's for a great job running the stages.Hope to make it back next year.Ken

8. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

Well that's it, since you finally shot your first match, you ought to be hooked now. ;f

9. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

;T ;T ;T ;T ;T

Just not my day today. I got there early today(Sunday), got checked in, and started shooting. Just wasn't shooting as good as I should have. Really blew the "Plates" big time.

Just have to practice more and get ready for Jax.

10. huck377

huck377

What was the number of shooters?
    Did they break a record this year?

Huck

11. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Thanks to the GSSF staff and all the RO's for a great match, fun and safe!
    I shot above, way above, my average today! I think I may have contaminated my team mates with the poor shooting!Just not a smooth day. But there will always be another match!

Good to see everyone!

DTOM

12. NanH

NanH

What a great match! I loved getting back to Conyers again. The match was so smoothly run! The GLOCK team outdid themselves, this year. Dan shot three guns Saturday and one on Sunday. I shot a personal best, so that was nice, but it just makes me want to shoot better. I am ready to break 200! ;Q

Dan shot three guns on Saturday, which left me with a lot of time to play at the side matches. I shot the 2.5# 17, which was great fun and shot the 37 which I think is just too much gun, for me. I can't control the .45. The most fun, however was shooting Bobby Carver's red dot gun. What a blast!!!

The social events were terrific fun, with the best company to be found anywhere.

Thanks to the great GSSF staff for all their work.

Oh!! We stiffed the side match a buck this morning. Can we send it somewhere??

13. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

I got there about 11:30 on Sunday, was done about 2:30. Had a great time, saw a few old buddies. Shot about 160 with my stock gun, not one of my best times, but I love to shoot the GSSF matches.

14. woodyg17

woodyg17

How long does it usually take GSSF to post the scores? This was my first GSSF match, and I loved it. I also worked on Saturday helping out as a quasi-RO. It was great fun.

15. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Well, the weather was pretty nice and the match went smooth. Hardly any waiting at any stages, water was provided and they had benches to sit on. The folks at South River know how to run a match.

Met Tony Clemens, man he is fast, I was impressed. Nice to meet you Tony! Met DTOM and sold my mags, nice to meet you DTOM.

As for the shooting, well it just wasn't my day...

I suck, plain and simple. I had a pretty bad day of shooting. I didn't start out so hot at the 5 to Glock, but I was still on pace to shoot in the high 90's low 100's. I got to the "M" and had my best run ever in Amatuer Guardian, 24 seconds with only two points down. I thought I might be able to salvage something out of Conyers after all, and then I ran into the plate rack.

In seven GSSF matches I've never left a plate standing until today and then I left four plates standing in two different categories. I practiced the rack yesterday and was running it pretty smooth, but today it just seemed like I couldn't hit the plates if they were ten feet across. For some reason my hands were shaking badly and I just couldn't get a good sight picture. I felt fine but I just had the shakes...

I also did the side shoot and that was my first time shooting a red dot. I did the steel side on the right and I was flying through it. I thought that there really must be something to this whole red dot thing everybody keeps talking about. Then I tried to run the plate rack with it. Out of a seventeen round mag I was able to knock down one plate. After that I knew it was time to leave.

The unlimited gun did have several failures while I was shooting. The spent brass wasn't clearing the mount for some reason. I had about five malfunctions out of four mags. The RO seemed to think it might have been an ammo problem. He said it ran perfectly with the ammo they were providing and that I was the only shooter that was having any malfunctions, so he might have been right. Maybe a Carver mount doesn't like WallyWorld bulk packs. ;f

I got my mags rebuilt by the armorer and I was gone. I was ready to put Conyers behind me.

16. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

On average, it seems it takes them about 2-3 weeks to post the scores, and 4 weeks to see who won what categories. But since GSSF is no longer mailing paper results, it may be sooner.

17. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Maybe Wed or Thurs. It's a big match so it could take longer!

18. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

I wasnt able to drive over last night, so I packed up (the 37 to shoot and my 34 to get checked out) and left the house at 05:30 this morning.

Started shooting the M by 09:05, and done shooting the 5TG by 09:45

I have been telling myself to "slow down" and "shoot a clean match" & "nothing but A's and B's",

so I was a little upset with myself when the very first shot on the first string on the M was a "C"

must have been a little too much oil in the barrel or something.

Another C and a D on the 5TG and a clean run on the plates make this the cleanest match Ive had yet (9 seconds total)....

just don't ask how slow I was shooting, please.

Got to meet many of the usual suspects again this year, and some new ones.

Finally got my 34 straightened out with much appreciated help from a very good shooter who agreed with me that there was something wrong with the gun and not the "loose nut behind the trigger" that Don keeps refering to.

19. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

PS - Don - I have been looking at a diagram and for the life of me I cannot find any nuts (loose or not) behind the trigger. Can you help me find it?

20. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I am sure that Match results will be available at www.gssfonline/com sometime this week.;)