Conyers 2007 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Sep 29, 2007.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

OK shooters, tell us about the greatest match of the year.

2. rt_wing_nut

rt_wing_nut

This was my first outdoor GSSF match. I showed up about 2:00 and had finished shooting by 3:15. (I only entered 1 division because I wasn't sure what to expect) The lines were short and moved quickly. The RO's were very helpful. I will definitely do this again. Hopefully, my scores will improve.

I did not shoot in any of the side matches or warm-ups. I will next time. The weather was perfect. I didn't get any pictures.

3. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

RO get together this evening.

4. ede

ede

wish i could of made it, but i needed to get moving towards home. this makes the 6th weekend we've been traveling out of 7. wish i could of spent more time with my friends but it's always great to see them at the range. i had a great time as always, but missed out on seeing a few friends that i usually see at the range. i've ROed a good bit the last few years and gave out more procedurals saturday than i have until then.

5. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Bob and I are back home after shooting yesterday. (Saturday) I had forgotten to pre-register, so we stood in line to sign up for quite a while, but after that everything moved quickly.

Took us only @ an hour to shoot the whole match, the crowd was very light. Figured everyone was at the football game and Sunday would be the busy day.

Neither of us did well, but we haven't been practicing like we should. Had a fun time, great to see some of the 'old gang', and we missed those of you who couldn't make it. The weather was PERFECT!! The RO's were helpful and efficient.

We plan on being at Lexington, hope to see more of the 'gang' there!

Pat (AKA Mrs G-R)

6. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

GLW and boys!
    [​IMG]

7. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

RO recepition provided by Mr. Glock! Thank You Mr. Glock!
    [​IMG]

8. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Team Carver Mounts dinner Saturday night.
    [​IMG]

9. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

One more of the Team Carver Mounts Saturday evening.
    [​IMG]

10. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Don At PC and James5m

[​IMG]

11. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

Hello folks, I made it to a GSSF match! Been a long time since I made it to one. I really want to thank all that made my daughter feel welcomed, she had a great time and wants to shoot another match she said. It was nice seeing Dan, I hope to make it to the match coming up in Florida.

Gardiner, aka PeaceKeeper

12. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

PeaceKeeper
    It was a pleasure to see to again! Your daughter did very well today and you should be proud!:thumbsup:
    I hope to see you and your daughter at the Pensacola GSSF match!

Dan:cool:

13. Bags57

Bags57

This was my first outdoor match. I did one indoor league match a couple of years ago.

I didn't do nearly as well as I thought I would. All in all though it was really fun. Got my 9 year old Glock 23 check out and upgraded at the Armorers area.

The coolest part was the IPSC side match. I've never done that before. I think I was wearing a stupid grin on my face for about 20 minutes afterwards.

14. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

There were about 340 entries on Saturday and another 210 on Sunday so the net match total will be somewhere around 550.

If that number holds, that will make this the second biggest GSSF match ever held. The biggest being the 2000 Conyers match at 560.

Please make note of the comments to the effect that it looked like it was "lightly attended". The match went THAT smoothly despite the numbers of entries serviced.

Thanks to all the ROs who made it the success it was.

Thanks to the shooters who showed up as well!

:supergrin:

15. mikey357

mikey357 CLM

I managed to make it "Out to the Club" BOTH days...shot thru in two Divisions Saturday afternoon in about an hour...that's what showing up LATE will get ya'...took about two and a half hours to finish up my other two guns Sunday afternoon, this with showing up at "Lunchtime"......had "Fred" the Armorer go thru about SIX guns--all Second-Gen--after my shooting was finished Sunday...saw ONE Squadding "Snafu", other than that, a GREAT Match, VERY well-run...and as a BONUS, I got to see some of the GSSF "Hotshots" shoot a coupla' stages...WOW!!!....mikey357

16. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

If that was Fred from Warranty Svc in Smyrna that's good to hear. He's always helpful on the phone (entertaining as well) and one of those Glock 'docs' who's seen as many or more 'patients' than most out there.

:patriot:

17. GLW

GLW

What a great weekend! It is wonderful to hear that the numbers were up because you would not have know it from the lines of people waiting to shoot. There were none!! At least I never encountered a wait. Hats off to the ROs for such a smooth and relaxed match!

We had absolutely perfect weather the entire weekend. My whole family came down this year with me in our little plane "Glockair" and we never saw a cloud from Northern Kentucky to Atlanta. My two youngest boys, Hayden and Dean spent Saturday with me at the range. Hayden stayed at the Glock M all day pasting targets while Dean followed me around working each stage. There is a picture of the three of us above. Hayden is wearing the Alcatraz shirt while Dean is wearing one that says "Junior Federal Agent". That pretty well fits their personalities! (Just kidding, they're both great kids).

They really enjoyed the side events that Glock hosted in the Cowtown. And the IPSC side shoot was a blast. Also, thanks to the armorers for replacing a number of worn or dated parts in my G-26 and G-17.

As always it was good to catch up with my teammates and friends who I get to see all too, infrequently. What a good dinner we had Saturday night.

Looking forward to Lexington in a few weeks. Hope to see everyone there. Again, thanks GSSF for another perfect match!!!

18. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

VFR = family friendly. :supergrin:

Indeed! :thumbsup:
    Hope to be in town with Dwight, Annie & Larry (and hopefully some Bartons in tow) in time for some Friday sustenance.

19. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

It was a great weekend, it must have been because this old man is still "POOPED". My shooting left a lot to be desired in general but it did have some highlites. I was fortunate enough to shoot my very first "All Clean Match". I shot it in UL with my new comped G17 UL Glock. First match with it , hope this is signs of more good things to come. It wasn't the best score I ever shot in UL but it was my first clean match in any category. All the stars must have been perfectly aligned.

Was sure great getting back on the range after 5 months off with a bum shoulder. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing old and new friends. Hats off to the RO's, GSSF Staff and all the good hard working folks that pulled off an exciting match. A special Thanks to Cindy who was able to get the prelims posted so fast especially in her current condition. Y'al need to be a little more gentle with her.:wavey:

Thanks all and hope to see many of you at Lubbock in about 3 weeks and Lexington in about 4 weeks.

Don

20. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Congratulations Don!!! That is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cool!
    Good deal; neat thing is, while it doesn't make the math easier it sure the heck makes it less painful. :supergrin:

:dancing: :wave: :banana: :woohoo:

Congrats!