GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The G48 is what I use when working security. Doesn't it make more sense to buy the same model for personal defense?

The one Im looking at is on hold until tomorrow for list price off 499. However, it appears to me the MOS model.

Hold me back.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
are you planning on running a red dot?

·
JAFO
4,517 Posts
I would buy another G48. Consistency is a thing--if guns weren't my hobby, I would only have one handgun, one rifle and one shotgun.

·
I feel pretty.
3,493 Posts
I'd get a slightly different model instead. 17, 35, 22, 41, etc. Those all fit the same holsters.

Unless you're really hooked on the 48. For me, the 23 is the best ccw out there, so I built one for day use, and one for night.

·
Registered
I buy and use guns for self protection only.
1,234 Posts
Why not use the same gun for security and personal defense?
I worked Armed Security here in Florid for 20 years and I was not allowed to use my own gun for work and I could only use the gun that was isued to me by our company! I'm now retired and maybe some rules have changed but I think there are some companies that do allow workers to buy their own guns!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I would get the second G48 more for the rail, than the red dot capability.

House guns need a light, mine is a legally suppressed AR ;-)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Not my job to either push you to buying it or not buying it. Do what ever you want!

·
Private side
11,472 Posts
Do you have the money? Will spending it keep you from making payments on other more important stuff? If yes and no, buy it. Keep it, use it and enjoy it.

Reactions: slamdunc

·
NRA Life Member
65,008 Posts
The G48 is what I use when working security. Doesn't it make more sense to buy the same model for personal defense?

The one Im looking at is on hold until tomorrow for list price off 499. However, it appears to me the MOS model.

Hold me back.
OK. It's 2021, so if you can find another G48 you are going to be paying WAY too much for it. I was in Bud's yesterday - the G43X MOS I wanted, that cost about $550 or less a few months ago, was jacked up to $769 and a used Mossberg Shockwave that used to cost less than $300 new was $600. Of course I could go buy a blue label 43X MOS for about $400 . . . but there are none anywhere.

Not a good time to buy a gun without a good reason.

·
Registered
525 Posts

Hold me back.
I refuse. You should not only buy the Glock 48, but buy the new model with rail and MOS system.

·
Registered
525 Posts
OK. It's 2021, so if you can find another G48 you are going to be paying WAY too much for it. I was in Bud's yesterday - the G43X MOS I wanted, that cost about $550 or less a few months ago, was jacked up to $769 and a used Mossberg Shockwave that used to cost less than $300 new was $600. Of course I could go buy a blue label 43X MOS for about $400 . . . but there are none anywhere.

Not a good time to buy a gun without a good reason.
I disagree. The market for Nighthawks and Wilson Combat 1911's is the same. I got a screaming deal on an Enforcer recently. ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts