close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Convicted child rapist on the loose in Texas

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Idontplaynice, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Idontplaynice

Idontplaynice

Watch out for your kids, Texans!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6941054.html

Authorities seek fugitive sex offender in Beaumont, Houston

Authorities are searching for a paroled convicted sex offender who is thought to have cut off his electronic monitor and left a halfway house in Beaumont.

Marvin Munson, 52, who officials say raped two children in the Tyler area in 1986, was sentenced to 50 years in prison, was paroled in 2008 and returned to prison after cutting off his monitor then.

Munson, who is black, about 5-foot-9 and 190 pounds, was paroled again last month but immediately cut off his monitor and left the Beaumont Transitional Treatment Center and has not been reported seen since.

Crime Stoppers says he could still be in the Beaumont area, or possibly the Houston area if he has not left Texas altogether.

Anyone with information about Munson is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  2. Fiery Red XIII

Fiery Red XIII Adorkable CLM

They didn't lean after the 1st bracelet incident? And the child rape before that?!? :steamed:

Red

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010

3. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

DUDE he said he was sorry!

4. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

I was about to drawl out a quip about a child rapist wasn't on the loose in Texas, Texans were on the loose with a child rapist...until I saw the location, and the description. He'll be invisible in Houston.

Darnit. I liked it better when I pictured some kiddy rapist in a blaze orange jumpsuit running around in scrub brush and grassland, with a bunch of good ol' boys on ATVs, horses, and pick up's drinkin' a bunch of Shiner Bock and riding rings around him.

5. tooledws2

tooledws2

I have no kids but I am close to there. Hope child rapists get what is coning to them

6. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

ALL child predators should be drawn and quartered :steamed:.

A lot of places to hide a child rapist in the Tyler area --- 6' under and tons of pine trees

7. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

There must be an old P&A'd oil well hole around Kilgore that some good 'ol boys could stuff Munson into for the duration.

8. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Let's just sate for the record that at least my black friends would want this guy just as dead and just as quickly as you or me. If he's in H-town HPD will find him pronto. Everyone with a brain-stem will be looking to get this turd back in a lock-up.

9. Twisted Steel

Twisted Steel And Sex Appeal

Is this guy a Cowboy Action Shooter?

10. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

I didn't mean to imply that Black citizens wouldn't want him caught -- just that he's in the middle of a major urban area, and seems to be a pretty generic looking guy, and is seems to be a pretty generic looking black guy (which means "racial profiling" can be an issue if certain people get their way).

At any rate, here's hoping they round him up and throw him back into his itty-bitty cage, before he can hurt anyone else.

11. mymini40

mymini40

They should have castrated him when they had the chance.

12. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

If they put a bounty on him every gangsta in the hood will be willing to drop a dime on him. That's the way it works in Houston - money is priority. If you gave the right crowd in Houston $50, they'd catch him, stick a model rocket up his butt and launch him into space.

13. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Track him down.
    Find a tree.
    Get a rope.

14. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Sorry. That was my mistake not your's. Further, given your consistently level headed thinking I should have known better.

15. C.Lee

C.Lee

I wish I could pay my bills using justice system math.

Car costs $50,000 but I only have to pay $20,000 and I get to steal a sub compact on my way out the door....

16. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

I always am a bit leery when I hear labels like "child rapist" thrown around. Simply because one of my clients back when I was still in the mental health game was a convicted "child rapist." He was a very nice young man that had his life ruined by a vindictive ex-girlfriend and her mother. While they were dating he was 19 and she was 16...with her mother's knowledge I might add. He later admitted in court that they were sexually active and got convicted after she claimed it was not consensual.

That being said, don't they just put down animals that become a clear threat? Shouldn't that apply to people in cases like this also?

17. JJS

JJS RIP Col.Moroney

18. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

:agree:

If he gets caught in the east Texas area, there are quite a few swamps and bayou's filled with hungry alligators.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:cool:

19. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

:supergrin:

20. Idontplaynice

Idontplaynice

He's been caught. That was fast.

http://www.khou.com/news/Police-Chi...-monitor-may-be-in-Houston-area-89770437.html

HOUSTON—A child predator was captured Friday after police said he cut off his electric monitor.
    Marvin Munson was convicted of breaking into a house and forcing a 9-year-old girl to perform a sex act on him in 1986.
    When he got out of prison, police said he broke into another home and forced an 8-year-old girl to perform a sex act at knifepoint.
    Munson went to prison again, but he was released last month.
    Investigators said they were using the electronic monitor to track him before he cut it off. Authorities sent out alerts warning citizens to be on the lookout for Munson and it paid off.
    TDCJ confirmed that Munson was picked up Friday afternoon at a bus stop near Tidwell by officers with the attorney general’s office.