close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Convict Conditioning

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Officer X, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Officer X

Officer X

Anyone here try it?

After years of powerlifting and waking up with aches and pains, I decided to get this book and start doing mainly bodyweight conditioning combined with kettlebells.

After about 5 weeks, I'm starting on one arm pushups and one leg squats, but feeling pretty good with them. I'm working handstands, but handstand pushups are going to be awhile, as are one arm pullups.

I've noticed a lot of the aches and pains are going away even though I'm working out with more frequency. I've also been mixing in work with my 53lb. and 70lb. kettlebells. I've lost about 6 pounds as I'm trying to get my diet in check and not using "lifting heavy" as an excuse to eat like a pig and I feel better. I haven't had those slow days where you feel overworked after a heavy deadlift or squat day.

I'm going to stick with this for a while and see how it goes. So far, I would recommend it. Even if you're not interested in bodyweight conditioning, it's a pretty good read.
    The ad copy can be a little much, but it is a decent book.
    Convict Conditioning

<TABLE border=0 width=650 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 20px" vAlign=top width=180 align=middle>[​IMG] </TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 width="100%" height=190><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>Convict Conditioning

How to Bust Free of All Weakness—Using the Lost Secrets of Supreme Survival Strength

By Paul "Coach" Wade

</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=producttype colSpan=2>304 pages.

8.5 x 11 paperback
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=orderinfo_link colSpan=2>Ordering Information</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; COLOR: red; FONT-WEIGHT: 900; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=top colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom colSpan=2>
    <TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0 0px solid; MARGIN: 5px 0px 0px; FONT-FAMILY: arial; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0 0px solid" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=400 align=left><TBODY><TR><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Read Customer reviews of:
    Convict Conditioning
    </TH><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt" align=right>Average Rating:
    9.6 in 131 reviews
    </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><FORM style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" onsubmit="return lsubmitIt(this)" method=post name=review_form action=/cgi-bin/reviews.pl><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: red 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: red 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px; MARGIN: 5px 0px 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; BACKGROUND: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: red 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 4px" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD><INPUT class=rsubmitbutton value="Create Your Own Review" type=submit name=doreview> </TD><TH style="FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-WEIGHT: 700" align=right>Email: <INPUT maxLength=64 size=15 name=remail> </TH></TR></TBODY></TABLE><INPUT value=mode6 type=hidden name=rm> <INPUT value=b41 type=hidden name=rpage> <INPUT value=400 type=hidden name=rwidth> </FORM></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- Standard Product Display Header --><!-- Standard Product Display Header --><!-- Standard Product Display Header -->

Read Convict Conditioning foreword by John Du Cane <!-- ========================== ========================== -->How Do YOU Stack up Against the 6 Ultimate Measures of a TRUE Man?

According to the tenets of Convict Conditioning a TRUE man can achieve:

1. <LI style="FONT-WEIGHT: 900">AT LEAST one set of 5 one-arm pushups each side—with the ELITE goal of 100 sets each side <LI style="FONT-WEIGHT: 900">AT LEAST one set of 5 one-leg squats each side—with the ELITE goal of 2 sets of 50 each side <LI style="FONT-WEIGHT: 900">AT LEAST one set of 1 one-arm pullups each side—with the ELITE goal of 2 sets of 6 each side <LI style="FONT-WEIGHT: 900">AT LEAST one set of 5 hanging straight leg raises—with the ELITE goal of 2 sets of 30 <LI style="FONT-WEIGHT: 900">AT LEAST one set of 1 stand-to-stand bridges—with the ELITE goal of 2 sets of 30
    2. AT LEAST one set of 1 one-arm handstand pushups—with the ELITE goal of 1 set of 5

Well, how DO you stack up?
    Chances are that whatever athletic level you have achieved, there are some serious gaps in your OVERALL strength program. Gaps that stop you short of being able to claim status as a TRUE man.
    The good news is that—in Convict Conditioning—Paul Wade has laid out a brilliant 6-set system of 10 progressions which allows you to master these elite levels. And you could be starting at almost any age and in almost in any condition!
    Paul Wade has given you the keys—ALL the keys you'll ever need— that will open door after door after door for you in quest for REAL physical accomplishment. Yes, it will be the hardest work you'll ever have to do. And yes, 97% of those who pick up Convict Conditioning, frankly, won't have the guts and the fortitude to make it. But if you make it even half-way through Paul's Progressions, you'll be stronger than almost anyone you encounter. If you're a 3-percenter, in particular, then this book is for you. Have at it!

2. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Looks very similar to Ross Enamaits "Never Gymless".

Its full of bodyweight exercises, many of which you mentioned.

I don't recall anyone here mentioning that book specifically, but many do the same type of workout.

3. proactive

proactive

I've read it. Yep, its another rehash/remarket of tried and true bodyweight training...IMO great workouts but really its like translating Pavel from comrade to convict if that makes sense. Also while I do feel one arm pushups are worthwhile, working up to teh l33t goal of 100 sets of 5 is kinda dumb.

4. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Convict conditioning? Do I have to go to jail to do these exercises?

5. BradD

BradD

Cool stuff. My biggest problem with bodyweight strength training is that it's really really hard to progress from one movement to the next harder variation, as compared with barbells anyway. I did NG for a couple of years and was in good condition, but didn't get much stronger, if at all. Wheel rollouts, pullups, pushups, L-sits, etc.--they all have the basic version that's too easy and the next step up requires one to be very strong and light to do it at all. I might take a shot at more of that stuff at some point, but my first go-round was just "ok."

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010