Glock Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Timber Baron
4,157 Posts
The front hook catches it, but the disconnector does not. This is my first AK type rifle BTW.
AHA! this is the way it's supposed to be. put the hammer under the front hook and put the bolt/bolt carrier in, put the main spring back in and pull the trigger. Click! then cycle the rifle by hand and pull the trigger again. if it clicks, you're good. then cycle the rifle while holding the trigger back, release the trigger and pull it. should go click.

·
Timber Baron
4,157 Posts
The rear hook is to catch the hammer when the trigger is pulled and kept pulled and the rifle cycles. when you let the trigger go back forward, it will click. this is the hammer moving from the rearmost hook back to being held by the front hook.
you can check all this out by taking the bolt carrier out and pulling the trigger and resetting the hammer with the trigger in the forward and pulled positions.

·
(pō'lāk')
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yes it should touch, but the bolt should not hang up on the hammer when you pull the charging handle all the way back and let go.
Got ya. Thanks a lot.

I'm also having trouble with the gas tube. Seems like it doesn't want to sit well. The gas piston is hanging up on something. I have to do some fitting.

·
Timber Baron
4,157 Posts
You are welcome!

Rifle looks good. I went the other way with mine, left the black front handguard on and put on a wire folder, scope and bipod. It shoots about 12" groups at 175 yds with russian surplus ammo. It is quite an inconvenience to have to clean it after every use, but it was CHEAP.

Could you post your Acceptance Certificate numbers that came with the rifle? Mine says 141mm at 100 meters(~6.5" group @ 109 yards). I just wanted to see what other rifles were getting. For fun and giggles mine was born on 9-23-09.

oh, and don't waste money for a scope on an AK unless you get a PSL.

·
Never Surrender.
1,804 Posts
Congrats on the conversion. Looks great. I did a 12 and a .223 but I need to shoot some of that cheap 5.45 surplus! That will be my next build for sure.

Speaking of that Izmash factory test, I've never checked mine. Going to dig that box out of the garage now...

·
(pō'lāk')
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The problem was the gas tube and not the FCG. The star part of the tube was rubbing on the piston. Problem solved and she's good purty now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.