Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conversion to/from GAP?

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by Ananael, Feb 6, 2010.

  1. Ananael


    Likes Received:
    Sep 10, 2009
    I understand that the GAP guns use the same size frame as the 9mm/40/357sig, and that it's a lower pressure cartridge than, say, 357sig. With a G32, I can throw in a G23 barrel, or a LW 9mm conversion barrel and use G19 mags.

    My question is, can I throw a G38 barrel in it with G38 mags, or is the slide different? If the slide is different, can I just pick up a G38 slide and pair it with the G38 barrel and G38 mags on my G32 frame? Or is it just not going to happen? :supergrin:

    Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge!
  2. Dingus


    Likes Received:
    Mar 19, 2002
    Lansdale, PA
    Think about it? Is the .45GAP cartridge larger in diameter tjan a .40S&W? IS the breech face in the slide bigger? are the internals different? The answer is yes to all three questions.

    YOu cannot convert to .45GAP unless you:

    1. enlarge the barrel hole in the front of the slide
    2. Machine out the breech face to enlarge it
    3. Change the extractor and spring loaded bearing
    4. Change the ejector
    5. change the trigger bar
    6. Change the slide stop lever

    If you had a complete .45GAP upper you would still need to replace the last three items. By the way, a GAP slide is 0.131in wider and heavier.