close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conversion question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by .45 guy, Feb 17, 2010.

1. .45 guy

.45 guy

I was thinking about adding a Glock 19 extractor (or is it Ejector) to my Glock 23 conversion (lone wolf barrel) Do I need a spring also? Where is the best place to buy these?

2. mechanica

mechanica Texazonan.

My buddy converted his 23 using the Lone Wolf 40-9 barrel and never had an issue. He left the extractor and ejector the same. No spring swap either. Never jammed once.

3. DB9

DB9

I've put 350 rds through with just a barrel and mag swap without issue. Many people report a high success rate with the same. If you plan on ccw with it, it's recommended to replace extractor and ejector, and even then the consensus is just get a 19. However for range, just barrel and mag is usually sufficient.

4. den888

den888

I agree 100% here. My 40-9 LW conversion barrel and G19 mag works well in my G23. I would not swap anything else for range use. It is quite reliable.

5. stengun

stengun

Howdy,

I have over 10,000rds through my G23 LW 40-9mm conversion w/out a hiccup using all stock parts except of the barrel and mag.

Paul

6. .45 guy

.45 guy

Cool deal. Thanks eveyone.

7. HK Dan

HK Dan

The extractor is a little bar mounted in the right side of the slide, and is visible from the outside of the gun. It holds onto the rim of the case and pulls the case out of the chamber when the slide retracts.

The ejector is a little rhino horn lookin' thing that sticks ou out of the trigger housing group, and is only visible when the slide is off. Basically, it contacts the back of the case when the slide retracts and flips the case out the ejection port.

As these esteemed gentlemen have posted--you won't need either part. Use a good, upper-middle load and the gun will work fine with a conversion barrel. Please don't carry it with the 9mm barrel; modified guns can get you into legal fights that you just don't need to have if you should ever use the gun to defend yourself.

8. .45 guy

.45 guy

Great info, Thank you.

9. Polak

Polak (pō'lāk')

I've never had an issue with the .40 extractor and ejector with my 9mm conversion barrel on my G22.