close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conversion Barrels and Shell Ejection

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GlockoPopPopPop, Feb 25, 2010.

1. GlockoPopPopPop

GlockoPopPopPop

It seems that when I use the lone wolf conversion barrrel I find myself getting hit in the face WAY more with shells than with the stock barrel...

Is this coincidence? Is this a common problem? Is there anything I can do to to avoid this happening so often?

Sorry, its a
    G23

2. Boost_Junkie

Boost_Junkie Mike November

Do you have the 9mm ejector? That may be the reason for eratic ejection...

Manny

3. NYresq

NYresq

How the brass gets thrown is a function of the extractor and ejector. If the brass isn't consistant in where it goes, it normally means something is loose, broken or out of adjustment. Check the ejector to make sure its not bent or loose.
    I have several storm lake barrels for different size glocks and they are all consistant with the factory barrel as far as where the brass lands.

4. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

So you are shooting 9mm out of a 40 cal GLOCK with a conversion barrel? And you did or did not change out the ejector housing?

5. NYresq

NYresq

if you are shooting 9mm out of a 40 slide the shells will tend to come back more to the rear then the side due to the smaller case with the ejector not hitting in the same angle as a 40 case. if it is erratic and not consistant, then its back to a "somthing is lose" problem.

6. GlockoPopPopPop

GlockoPopPopPop

embarressed to say no... i thought it was a just a simple, drop the barrel in and shoot type thing. Just got into guns a month or so ago, sad to admit i dont even know what an ejector housing looks like...

guess i have some research to do... thanks once again!

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

The same thing happens when I shoot .357sig out of my G22. I think all the parts except the barrel are the same though so not sure why it happens with this particular combo

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  8. GlockoPopPopPop

GlockoPopPopPop

i guess glad to know im not alone. I dont think i will replace any other parts unless i see firing problems or failure to eject....i dont mind the glasses taking a few shells....lol

9. Funker

Funker

Happens with my G23 with 9mm conversion barrel. They usually hit the brim of my baseball cap.. No biggy when its just for plinking anyway..

10. NYresq

NYresq

Never had a problem with 357sig out of my 27 or my 35 with the storm lake barrel... it all lands in almost the same place as the 40 does...

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

Cool.

It didn't happen with my G23 or G31 when converted either. This is why I thought the fact that it's happening with my G22 was worth mentioning.