close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Continue to wait or repost?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Swiper, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Swiper

Swiper

:wavey:

Posted a thread in General Glocking about 72 hours ago. It still has not passed through the moderator queue. Shall I continue to wait, repost the thread, or just give up? Thank you. :cool:

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

I found it right away, on page 5 of the General Glocking threads; it seems to be up and running properly, but it hasn't gotten any responses.

Did you check your profile page to see if you could find it before posting here? If you click on your name, and select View Public Profile, you can see all your threads and responses under the Statistics tab, under the "Find all posts by Swiper" or "Find all threads started by Swiper" links. Click one of these links, then just scroll down until you see the thread or post you want, and then click on it to go read it. It's helpful on a fast-turnover site like Glock Talk, where is a thread doesn't get many responses, it drops off the main forum page rather quickly.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010

3. Swiper

Swiper

Thank you for your response.

I did check before posting. I used to be an administrator of a forum which used the same particular software as this forum (vBulletin 3.7.x) so I am quite familiar with how it operates. I had been screening 'General Glocking' and all other forums for my post 2-3 times everyday since I posted it on January 1st.

I noticed that after posting my last post here yesterday, I had a post count of '4'. Today when I logged in the post count was '6'. Which means that my two missing posts was approved after I posted my question in this thread.

With vBulletin a post will have it's original posting date even if it takes 3-4 days for it to be approved. So when my post was approved after 72+ hours it automatically ended up a few pages back instead of being on the front page (which explains why it has no responses).

I will bump my thread. Thank you again.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

That would explain it. Sorry it took so long; some of the Admin folks were on extended holiday, and they deserved it.