close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Contest

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by fireroach11, Mar 9, 2004.

1. fireroach11

fireroach11

How long after people purchased tickets did it take for them to receive thier ticket numbers? I purchased three tickets about 5 days ago and received no numbers yet. I also tried to e-mail Eric directly with no response yet. I am sure Eric is busy and it may take a few days for him to respond to my e-mail but I was just wondering how long it took others.

Thanks

2. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

fireroach, sit tight. Eric does tickets usually in bunches. So when he does them they all go out at once. He's never forgotten anyone yet. He will make an announcement towards the end that everyone should have their tickets and if you don't to let him know. Remember his email is: webmaster@glocktalk.com

Good luck! Eddie C.

3. fireroach11

fireroach11

Thank you for your response. I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

Matt

4. Skyhook

Skyhook

Also sittin' tight.;a

5. fireroach11

fireroach11

Its been about 2 weeks now. Is that normal?

6. Eddie C.

While not normal, he does read the Front Office Forum often. If you emailed him at the above address, just wait and you should hear from him soon. Try the email again, you never know if it got erased or lost. Eddie C.

7. HAWK11K

HAWK11K Take'em Down!

I bought a ticket and got the email.
    Two days later my hard drive died, of course i lost the ticket number. :(

I have emailed Eric to send me the ticket number again.
    Now I realise i should have printed that email ;g

8. fireroach11

fireroach11

Thanks Eddie. I just e-mailed him again and hopefully will get a response this time.

Matt

9. Eddie C.

Hawk, don't worry Eric has all the numbers and names down to record. You don't need your ticket to win. He will notify all winners at about the same time as we find out who won. A couple of people have won who had misplaced their ticket numbers. No big deal. Good luck! Eddie;f

10. NCwriter

NCwriter Senior Member

I bought tickets a week ago and haven't received the contest numbers either. I've written to Eric twice to see what the problem is, but haven't gotten a response. It finally occurred to me to come here and see if anybody else was having the same problem, and I'm glad I did! I know Eric is busy (as are we all) but I just wanted to be sure my ticket order hadn't been lost. So Eric, if you read this, I apologize for not checking here before writing to you. I'll do my best to be patient and wait to hear from you, and in the meantime I guess I'll go ahead and order a couple more tickets to increase my chances (actually, my husband's chances, since they're for him). You all do a terrific job with this site and it means a lot to my husband and a lot of other folks, so I'm happy to support you in this endeavor.

Just please don't forget to send me my ticket numbers!
    ;Y

11. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

I've had a similar situation, but I bought my tickets mid February. I did e-mail Eric a couple of times, realizing he's busy and maybe didn't see my e-mails. I'm hoping that he'll see this before the drawing - I hope I didn't do anything wrong. I do have an e-mail from PayPal saying that the payment went through...

12. fireroach11

fireroach11

Gottem!!!! I followed Eric's directions on the e-mail he sent out today about how to find them under "my account" and I found the numbers. Thanks for sending out the informative e-mail.

13. Skyhook

Skyhook

No gottem. I tried to log in and the page that resulted said "This page cannot be displayed". Something ain't right w/1-0 land.

14. NCwriter

NCwriter Senior Member

I was glad to see Eric's note about how to find the contest numbers, and I excitedly logged in to check. At first the contest page wouldn't even let me log in...I tried over and over and kept getting error messages. Then I decided to try Internet Explorer (I had been using Netscape) and it let me log in just fine--but there was no record of my purchase last week! (I have the PayPal receipt for it as proof, though.)

Nonetheless, I trust that Eric will eventually come through with those two ticket numbers for me...so I decided to go ahead and buy a couple more since the contest ends today. Well, that purchase went through fine, and now when I log in I see the purchase listed under "My Account," but there are no ticket numbers listed there. And the first two tickets I bought last week (3/11) aren't listed at all! So there's definitely a problem somewhere. Are there only a few people having problems getting the ticket numbers?

Eric's note said he'd reply to everyone without ticket numbers by the middle of next week, so I'll just keep waiting patiently.
    :)

15. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

nc and skyhook,

I was having problems logging in as well with the same error (I use Netscape). Just click the back button and you should be logged in - that's what I did.

BTW, I logged in and saw that I purchased two tickets but there were no ticket numbers showing. I did e-mail Eric, though, and hope that he's able to provide the numbers for me.

16. Helopilot

Helopilot

I tried to buy another ticket but when I hit the buy ticket button it says no product found. How can I buy one more ticket?

Dennis

17. mindonmatter

mindonmatter Who.....me?

You can't. The contest is over.

18. Skyhook

Skyhook

Bar none this has been the most fubar contests I have ever been stupid enough to buy into.
    CONSIDER: 1) To get aboard one had to establish a special 'account' with new/different password and user name. Ok, that's just a 'thing'.
    2)The numbers were not even sent to the participants, those participants had to, instead, jump through more hoops- some which just simply would not work- to obtain those numbers.
    3)Some of us never received our numbers- but hey, what the 'H', we lost anyhow, more than likely- right?
    4) So, in final analysis, this was nothing in the least pleasant and might actually smell a bit.

I'd like to announce to all ahead of time, Please count me out of the next grand opportunity to participate, ok? If I want something like this ever again, I will contact my neice in Russia.. over there this sort of activity is common place.:( ;g

19. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

I just received an e-mail with my ticket numbers.

Yeah!

Thank you! I am pleased with Glock Talk - whether we win anything or not. I did not give money only to win something - I gave money because it was a fundraiser and I appreciate Eric and the mods and all the work that is put into running this place.

Running a household with 5 kids can be a headache - running a forum with many more - Eric, I do not envy you your position!

20. kf4zra

kf4zra I miss ya Murph

chill out, there is a week b/w when you can last buy tix and when the drawing is. the drawing hasnt happened yet. that week is in there so people can get all their tickets b4 the drawing happens, and so any probs can be ironed out.

you will definately know when the drawings occur cause everyone will be posting about who won what, and there will usually e a big banner on the top of the main screen announcing the winning numbers.

John