close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Constructive Criticism of OutdoorBiddur

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by USMC_2674, Feb 9, 2004.

1. USMC_2674

USMC_2674

I am more than happy to use OutdoorBiddur and get revenues going for the site, but I do have some problems that I think extend to a large majority of site users. So what I am doing is opening up a thread here for us to express them to you.

I will start this off by saying my biggest gripe so far is that the classifieds are not organized in any way shape or form.

Unless they get organized into "firearms" "holsters" etc... they are worthless to me as they will take far too much time to use.

Now I realize that they are organized if you go through the category route, versus going through the classifieds route... but when I click on classifieds, I get a garbled mess.

Also, I hate not being able to answer public questions about the item. It saved me from answering the same 100 questions every day.

I'll add more as we go along and as I experiment with the new service.

Semper Fidelis,

Kent

2. JaviFL

JaviFL

The forum format was very useful. One could see questions about the item being sold being answered by the seller. The categorization was very useful too.

3. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Folks, we are at the earliest part if the transfer and evolution of this system. The features you have mentioned, and many, many others, are already on a to-do list for me. I plan to hotrod the hell out of this new system. It will do everything, but deliver the item itself, when I get done with it. Please bear with me and give the process a time to work.

Most of you folks have not been here long enough to remember the evolution that Glock Talk went through, to get to the point it is at now. There were a couple of years where this place changed on almost a daily basis. You are looking at the end-result of 6 years of hard work. It's been less than six days, since the classified ads changeover. Give me a chance to get things in order before passing judgement on the new system and please do keep the constructive critisism coming. If there is a feature you do not like, or one you would like to see added, let me know. I am basically writing/re-writing this system from the ground up, so I can make it do whatever people want it to. Eric

4. autotech

autotech

Well I'm a NooB but my WHOLE month here has me going to pick up my first Glock by weeks end. Anyways some suggestions if they aren't already on the "consider to do list":

- bigger fonts **I'm only in my early twenties but I think my vision is already going.
    - link directly to Outdoorbid "classifieds" from Glocktalk
    - a search filter to find only items posted by Glocktalk members **I know it's probably alotta work but better now than later when there are alot more GTers registering. Won't be quite like the old GT classifieds but better than nothing.

My last question is Why add a classified ads section to an auction site??? I suppose a Gunsamerica/Gunbroker in one. I'm guessing most revenues are gonna come from new nonGT users registering to Outdoorbid since I've been reading GTers are goin to get a few "free" classified ad postings each month. Why not keep a classified ads section exclusively for GTers and give them the option to post that same item on Outdoorbid free (according to however many free postings we get) because I know most would want as much exposure as possible to sell their items if it were free. This way you get your initial traffic boost to Outdoorbid and hopefully get more participants from GT.

Its really hard to give suggestions as we are still in the dark on exactly how this new site will operate, but I am probably just rambling as I know zilch about running a website.
    excuse the run-on sentences cause the suns gonna come up in about 3 more hours ;P .

Hope this new site works out!;f

5. AZ Gunner

AZ Gunner

My "concern" is with the classified section itself. I went to the classified section and saw only auctions. Shouldn't there be a "auctions" section, and a "classified" section for direct sales? I personally, don't want to sell or buy in an auction format. That's why I avoid the two other big auction sites.