Constitutional Carry? (House Bill 1144)

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by costanza187, Jan 20, 2016.

1. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

I have googled around and cannot find any updates on this. Just wondering if any of the locals know if this is a real possibility or a pipe dream. If it is really going to happen, what kind of timetable would it be? Thanks.

2. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

As a poster from a state that enjoys Constitutional carry I wish the good people all the best wishes on it. SJ 40

3. TraderJack

TraderJack Old & Grouchy

Indiana is an open carry state...

4. G19G384

G19G384

Open and Constitutional carry are two different things. Open carry just means you can openly carry as long as you have a permit to carry. Constitutional carry means you don't have to have a permit. As long as it is legal for you to possess a firearm then it would be legal to carry it as a Constitutional right. As of yet I have not seen any updates on this topic

IndyGunFreak likes this.
  5. Randylahey53

Randylahey53

I'm one of the few minorities that is not a fan of constitutional carry. There's just way too many idiots in our world to not have some kind of training/vetting process to carry. I know, sacreligious of me..

I actually enjoyed Illinois requirements for conceal carry. I took an immensely helpful class. Yes it was expensive and 16 hours, but considering it's my life we are talking about it was worth it. It completely changed my mindset on guns and carry, as I wasn't not very experienced prior to taking the class. That's just me though

Vodoun da Vinci likes this.
  6. G19G384

G19G384

I agree that education on proper/operation and how to properly defend oneself given the situation is paramount but, I am also a fan of Constitutional carry. Maybe there could be a background check performed at the point of purchase or something to weed out the known idiots. In my opinion though once a firearm has been legally purchased someone should not have to go get a permit to carry it. This isn't like a car. It's a defense weapon and if you don't have the sense to make sure you have proper training on it then that's your own fault. No amount of legislation is going to weed out every idiot. Legislation works on paper trails and idiots without a paper trail can slip through the cracks. I'm not vouching for the left but, I am saying that we shouldn't waste time trying to 'properly complicate things'.

Note: This is not to be misconstrued as a personal attack. I am just a strongly opinionated person.

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Those same idiots can get an Indiana LTC w/o any training. It's been this way for decades, and is rarely an issue. Training is nothing when the idiots taking it don't put it to practice. Florida, Texas, etc. all still have ND's, despite their training requirements.

happie2shoot likes this.
  8. Kennydale

Kennydale

In Texas they got HB1911 out of committee and onto the calendar. There are still issues with it because of POLICE UNIONS (Democrat) pull. They still want to use the same requirements tied to it that LICENSED (Issued By State) uses. I feel if you buy a firearm and pass the Background Check....... You should be able to carry it anyway you want !

9. happie2shoot

happie2shoot

Gun safety should be taught in school and everyone should
    be able to carry, criminals will not last long if left in a well
    armed and educated society.

Our Founding Fathers did know what they were doing.

It seems our laws are only to protect the criminals against
    the good working class. Thanks to the damnacrats, rinos
    unions, teachers and left.

Even here in Florida, a pretty good gun state, it still costs
    around 200 dollars just to exercise your 2nd Amendment
    Right, what a joke. TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT AGAIN.

IndyGunFreak likes this.