Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys coming up this Spring I plan on getting a G32 barrel just to have another caliber option for my G23/27 pistols.... just out of curiosity, are any of u guys CCWing with a Compact BBL in your Subcompact Glock for the added velocity gain? It looks kinda funky, but I can agree with the practicality. I love both my compacts & sub compacts. I'm thinking about going CCW with my G27 using the G23 barrel during the winter months for concealability/comfort w/o having to sacrifice velocity. I alternate between 135gr Federal (ICE production overruns?) and 180gr PDX-1s and 180gr Winchester bonded (white box not WWB IT... it actually says "bonded" on the plain white box). Chime in with your thoughts, apprehensions, suggestions, or experiences...

·
Registered
589 Posts
it works fine. I purchased a G27 top end that had had an kaboom, broke the frame, slide was fine, barrel was jacked.

The only barrel close to it that Glock had was a G23 barrel, and that is what it wears now.

I do carry it quite a bit, it is every bit as accurate as my 26 stock, or my buddy"s stock 27 barrel.

I don't see any appreciative excess wear.

And it gains a little more barrel length.

Even in a G27 sized holster the barrel is not long enough to add excess pressure or pressure points.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I don't think you really gain much more velocity on the bullet. The longer barrel will probably throw your sites off as well. Unless you like the look of the longer barrel, there should be no reason to have it on a sub compact. It's just one more thing that could possibly get sagged upon drawing the weapon.

·
Registered
688 Posts
IMO: Carry jacketed hollow points in +P and keep the same barrel. The little bit of velocity you would gain wouldn't mean much when carrying hot load hollow points for protection and you wouldn't have a longer barrel adding length to your gun when concealing.

Great thought, but I don't think it is necessary at all.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmmm interesting consideration....Hadn't thought of that. Snag I don't think is much of a problem (unless u've got those cuts for porting from lonewolf). POA/POI however, are another matter....Well unless we're talking 5-10yds max (range for most encounter potential) right? Just want to get some feedback & opinion, as I'm considering playing with it and haven't done it actually yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.