Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
27,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe Charlotte. I like the St. Louis area but I have family over there. Anyone live in Charlotte?

Reactions: powernoodle

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I lived there for a short time , about 20 years ago . They were not the most friendly people I have ever meet . I told some coworkers that and they said where I lived was full of northerners . I would look in a surroundings county .

·
Matthew 25:31-46
3,936 Posts
You don't want to be the only outsider in your community. You might want to live and work among other immigrants. You will have something in common with them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,136 Posts
After being there................don't know why my ancestors left...........they certainly didn't better themselves.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I live just over the border from Charlotte in SC (Rock hill area). I moved from PA 3 years ago and love it here. The summers are pretty miserable though with the humidity.
But like @Boo Berry said, the locals prefer you to assimilate. Lucky for me, I was a gun toting conservative before I moved.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hope if you move to NC, you don't bring your liberal voting habits and make my home as screwed up as the place you are moving from. Most carpet baggers are trying to get away from the taxes they voted for, then repeat their mistakes by voting for the same things they had in the place they are leaving behind.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hope if you move to NC, you don't bring your liberal voting habits and make my home as screwed up as the place you are moving from. Most carpet baggers are trying to get away from the taxes they voted for, then repeat their mistakes by voting for the same things they had in the place they are leaving behind.
Born and Raised in Charleston SC and this is Exactly what has happened. Leave that carpet bagging $hit at your old home. I have lived all over the US and spent a lot of time in Europe. I choose to come back to SC for the lifestyle and the little freedom we have left. The blue POS are really trying to change things and have done a pretty robust job in NC. Especially the metro areas. Just look at NC gun laws alone.

I am in the minority, but I do miss the 4 seasons of the north east. NC/SC summers can be pretty warm.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
We moved to South Carolina, just across the River from Augusta, GA. We are up on top of the hill, Four TV station Towers, and one Cell Phone Tower. up here with us. We get good TV reception On Free DTV. And don't have to worry about Flash Floods. Motorcycle riding is great out here, not much traffic, and lots of pretty country. People out here don't drive like they are out to get you. Wave at everybody, and they wave at you. Most folks treat you like family, the part of the family they like.

Reactions: glowrod

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm almost the same as Rick, born in Columbia SC and have lived in Charleston and Mt.Pleasant all my years, we seem to have a fairly decent 2nd amendment crowd here, I do recall a Yank that lives a few houses down ask me years ago when I carried a Colt Detective special and wore it in the back yard due to a fairly large gator coming out of the lake if "I was a policeman " !!!

·
NRA Life Member
66,515 Posts
Maybe Charlotte. I like the St. Louis area but I have family over there. Anyone live in Charlotte?
You like St. Louis and want to move to North Carolina, but to the biggest ****hole city in the state? I don't get the fascination some people have with being part of the urban herd. That is literally the biggest problem the world has today.

Have you considered moving to someplace better? America is covered with them.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I was born in NC. No way in hell would I live in Charlotte, Raleigh, or Durham. I guess if you lean towards Yankee Progressives it is the place for you. They have pretty much taken over any large city and University town here. Those places do not represent the Southern life any more. But if you want what you are leaving behind, go there.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
NC is a great place no doubt about it... Hey, anywhere in Dixie is a great place...Thing is, nearly all of the little old slow-paced southern cities have become metro hustle and bustle type cities filled with people that aren’t from there... You lose the local culture... Doesn’t matter where you go, it’s better living rural with the down home grits and gravy folks... That’s where you’ll feel welcome...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was born in NC. No way in hell would I live in Charlotte, Raleigh, or Durham. I guess if you lean towards Yankee Progressives it is the place for you. They have pretty much taken over any large city and University town here. Those places do not represent the Southern life any more. But if you want what you are leaving behind, go there.
You can include Asheville in that group. I was born and raised in Buncombe County, joined the Navy and moved away for 20 years, and couldn't bring myself to move back home because the politics in that area had changed dramatically.

It breaks my heart the nose-dive into liberalism that UNC-Chapel Hill, my alma mater, has taken.

As the most famous Ashevillian (Thomas Wolfe) wrote: "You can't go home again."

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I have lived in Charlotte For 25 years and love it here. 3 hours to the beach, 2 hours to the mountains. Same issues here as with any other city experiencing tremendous growth and services/schools can’t catch up.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts