close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Considering Joining

Discussion in 'Freemason's Lodge' started by dgsaudio, Jun 20, 2007.

1. dgsaudio

dgsaudio

Hello friends! I have always had an interest in Freemasonry. I have known some Masons and all were good people who I shared beliefs and values with. I am always looking for ways to serve and improve myself for the betterment of my family, community, and country. I see myself eventually seeking membership with Freemasonry, but do not know when to do so. I am a full-time college student who also works, so time to learn and serve is limited. Should I seek membership now, or after i graduate? Thanks!

2. mmsig229

mmsig229

Don't wait!!!! My ONLY regret is not joining sooner.

3. Duncan223

Duncan223 NRA-GOA-JFPO

The only person that can make that decision is you. If "I were you" I would join, and enjoy the meetings and events you can attend. Later when you have more time, you may want to consider serving on a committee, or as an officer.

There are millions of Masons, and not all want to serve as an officer, they are content to enjoy the Brotherhood and friendship of the Lodge. There are a few Masons that want to contribute more, and may feel called to serve.

Here is the website for the Utah Grand Lodge

Here is the list of local Lodges (there's six Lodges in Salt Lake City to choose from)

and here is Petition (application) for membership in .pdf

4. mmsig229

mmsig229

Well said Brother Duncan. Being an officer can take up alot of free time, especially if you're trying to learn charges and lectures. I gave the Master Mason Lecture for our inspection last year. It was about 12 pages from memory. You do learn alot though by learning lectures. Things begin to make more sense. There are MANY ways to contribute besides being an officer. Help set up the lodge room for meetings, cut the grass, clean the lodge, help cook, work at fundraisers, offer rides to lodge for older members, the posibilities are endless. The more you get involved, the more you will get out of it. Good luck.

5. deputy tom

deputy tom

My friend,nothing would make me and the other Brothers here happier than for you to join and learn asap,BUT for a full time student and working as well you will be better off waiting until graduation so you can enjoy and learn im a less pressured atmosphere.Think of it as a goal for post graduate work.tom.:thumbsup: