Considering a GSSF upgrade....

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Njanear, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Currently I am a GSSF solo member, with my renewal coming up in May. Since I have enjoyed it so much, I have considered upgrading to a family plan (for my son and maybe my dad) over the single user. That leads to a few questions in my mind:

* Will the cost be for a 'new' family application ($90) or a renewal ($70), since I am an existing member?

* Will that change my GSSF number and shooter/purchase eligibility date? In other words, if I sign up for it now as a Family plan (3 months before my individual plan ends), can I go ahead and start buying new Glocks before the other one expires?

* Will that allow the newer members to qualify as first-time shooters for drawings?

* When I list my son's age, will I still get a certificate for him that I can use to buy him a Glock of his own (since he is a minor)?

These are just a few thoughts popping up in my head. I do realize that the GSSF group would be the ones to go to directly, but I wanted to know if anyone else had gone through this and if so, what did you experience?

Thanks.

2. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

You forgot the most important question:
    "How many hats will I get?"

3. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Wow!! How did I miss that one? :)

4. Jon_R

Jon_R

I did the same thing you are considering but I didn't think to ask the question ahead of time. I was 6 months into my individual membership and needed to add my daughter so she can shoot in the Glock match this month. In looking at it I just decided to go family plan and also add my wife. My wife and daughter got their membership package and hats on Sat.

I look forward to see if anyone can answer your questions.

5. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Well, my work schedule hasn't been conducive in letting me call GSSF, so I wanted to push this up and see if DannyR or BabyG or anyone else could answer the questions in the meantime....

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I think you will need an official answer from GSSF. Why not E-mail them at [email protected]