Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Static Nomad
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last month I bought a RRA lower from a local dealer for a build. I built this with it:

Yesterday I went back and bought his last lower and lo and behold when I got it home I realized it was numbered consecutively to the one I bought from him last month. If I built it into a rifle and decided to sell them or the lowers both at a later date would there be a premium?

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Maybe if somebody wanted say a brother/brother , father/son etc set of ARs. Outside of that I would say no.

Now quit looking for a reason to buy more firearms :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
OT - Ghost...how do you like the DD fixed rear sight with the T-1?

I'm debating selling my Troy folding and getting two used DD rears.

Any pics from the sight picture? Pretty please... :)

·
Static Nomad
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OT - Ghost...how do you like the DD fixed rear sight with the T-1?

I'm debating selling my Troy folding and getting two used DD rears.

Any pics from the sight picture? Pretty please... :)
I really like it. It is strong and very solid. It adjusts just like a A1 rear site.

I tried to get a pic of the sight picture for you but my camera is not up to the job. But the ADM mount provides a lower one third co witness and you don't really notice the rear sight when using the dot. But when looking through DD the sight, no portion of the rear peep and front post are obstructed by the optic. If that makes any sense lol.

·
OCD on Steroids
25 Posts
I've got a few sets of consecutive numbered lowers, RRA, Noveske and LMT. I didn't pay a premium nor would I expect to sell them for a premium. But I do have a son that I intend to pass along one of the LMTs. Then when my time is up, he'll have them all to do what he wants with them. I would expect him to make sure each of his sisters get one.......all 3 of them

I take that back, I did pay a $20 premium to have the dealer fine me matching pairs......forgot about that.......

·
Static Nomad
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got a few sets of consecutive numbered lowers, RRA, Noveske and LMT. I didn't pay a premium nor would I expect to sell them for a premium. But I do have a son that I intend to pass along one of the LMTs. Then when my time is up, he'll have them all to do what he wants with them. I would expect him to make sure each of his sisters get one.......all 3 of them

I take that back, I did pay a $20 premium to have the dealer fine me matching pairs......forgot about that.......
I think I will give my son one of them when he is old enough. That would be cool.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I really like it. It is strong and very solid. It adjusts just like a A1 rear site.

I tried to get a pic of the sight picture for you but my camera is not up to the job. But the ADM mount provides a lower one third co witness and you don't really notice the rear sight when using the dot. But when looking through DD the sight, no portion of the rear peep and front post are obstructed by the optic. If that makes any sense lol.

That's what I was assuming. I have a Larue 660 tall mount on my T1 so I lower 1/3 as well. I just wish I could get my hands on one for 2 mins to see what it looks like. I'm really like the idea of not having to flip it up if needed.

Anyone have a DD rear fixed they want to loan me for 2 mins? I'll give you a $1/min! :whistling:

Best and thanks,
Harold

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
Consecutive serial numbered lowers worth more?
Only to those who are into those things.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I think he's wondering why you thought there was a possibility it would be worth more. Bottom line is there are very few situations when consecutive SNs are worth more, and they all have to do with limited edition and/or collector's grade items. Rock River lowers are about the polar opposite of limited edition and/or collector's grade.

·
Static Nomad
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think he's wondering why you thought there was a possibility it would be worth more. Bottom line is there are very few situations when consecutive SNs are worth more, and they all have to do with limited edition and/or collector's grade items. Rock River lowers are about the polar opposite of limited edition and/or collector's grade.
That maybe so. But RRA lowers are excellent to build with. They are quality receivers. I don't care about the roll mark. It's the quality of the components that it is assembled with. I have a DD LPK coming in for this one. I'm still deciding what the final configuration will be.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Kinda cool, but not worth extra money to me.

·
Formerly1811guy2
3,535 Posts
In 100 years, yes.

·
Registered
681 Posts
My lowers have consecutive serial numbers. Just went into Palmetto State Armory and asked. The fellow walked in the back and came back with two lowers.

Do I think they will ever be worth more money...Nope, because you can always go in and buy two more with consecutive numbers.. I did it for me and my young son so that when he gets older I'll help him build his up to match mine.

·
Huge Member
11,313 Posts
I have consecutive numbered Stag lowers. One was made into a rifle, the other a pistol. They are like two peas in a pod, Fric and Frac, Batman and Robin, Laural and Hardy, Abbot and Costello, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dom, Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson, the ying and yang, the alpha and omega, the Obama and Chairman Mao.:whistling::supergrin:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts