connecticut non-res carry permit questions

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by glock_ME, Feb 11, 2010.

1. glock_ME

glock_ME

maybe someone has posed these questions but if so i cannot find it in carry issues...

i will be applying for my ct non-res carry permit soon. i already have the paperwork in hand.

it is unclear to me how the fingerprinting process works. i have the cards they provided, do i just do it myself?

also, on one of the forms it asks the reason for the request. (i believe ct to be a may issue state?) what should i put down?

thanks!

2. Gallium

Gallium CLM

You absolutely CANNOT roll prints on yourself, nor can your buddy - unless your buddy works for an agency (armed guard, LE, etc) that is authorized by the state to roll prints.

'Drew

3. dagwag77

dagwag77

You can take the cards they provided you and take them to your local PD. They will be able to do it for you and might charge a nominal fee. (You might want to call ahead to find out hours, contact officer, etc...) I think you should be OK with putting "All Lawful Purposes" or "personal protection" on their non-res application.

Just out of curiosity - how much are they charging these days for their non res?

4. glock_ME

glock_ME

thanks for the info.

i believe it's about $100 by the time you add up all the fees.