confused

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ELPALMER27, Mar 7, 2010.

1. ELPALMER27

ELPALMER27

okay guys i need some help... i dont understand what is should be looking for in a holster for appendix carry. i have a glock 26.. i like to wear aiwb appendix carry... but every holster ive tried so far was either thick enough to make me look pregnant or the but of the grip sticks out so far when i cinch up my belt that its very obvious... i dont know what a holster looks like that would push the butt of the gun into my gut... and i believe that is what i would like... i know the gun is not the problem because with out a holster it conceals perfectly... any opinions????

i like the tucker gun leather cover up plus but again i dont know that it would push in the butt of the gun.. anyone use this holster?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  2. jmsfmtex

jmsfmtex

First let me say I have two from Comp-Tac. I have many OWB Comp-Tac and like them all. However, I must say that I do not like IWB so I am not an expert on this subject. I do know that many who do like IWB like several of the Comp-Tac models.

3. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

Few things. G26 is okay to conceal, but not ideal. But it all depends on your body type.

I can carry at 3, 3:30, 2 and etc, but I can back to 4 or 5 and for my body the grip stands out like a hooker at the opera. Canting it forward can help. Also try dropping it down to the bottom holes, etc.

For IWB, you won't get any better than the MTAC, Supertuck, The Answer, etc. You might prefer one over the other for small reasons here and there, but you won't find any better all in all.

All bodies are different and you may not be able to carry the same gun in the same spot as another guy. You just need to play with it.

4. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

Appendix is different than 4:00 IWB. It just is. By and large, the standard IWB don't translate well.

You need a holster that either puts the majority of the gun lower than the belt, or otherwise stabilizes things. If not, the gun will want to roll out and over the belt as you move.

I prefer a holster with an adjustable belt connection, so I can move the gun to different angles at times. I've been using a Safariland with J hook: http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=27 (It sits lower than shown.)

I took Roger Phillips' PSP course, and everyone either showed up with or ended up with AIWB. This was a popular choice: http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ehudappendixcarryaiwbappendixinsidethewaistband.aspx Notice the last sentence in the ad: "We have found that appendix carry requires a longer holster body for stability in the belt."

As far as concealment, that may be more an issue of the clothing than the holster in your case.

5. 1canvas

1canvas

for my 27 i use a galco stow n go or sometimes a cheap uncle mikes. the uncle mikes is used when carried next to my skin with sweat pants or shorts cause its softer. the one thing i had to do was to remove the clip and sew it higher on the holsters with about a 5* to 10* reverse angle.
    this lowers the holster a little and the angle works better for appendix carry. on the uncle mikes i added a few stitches in the trigger guard area for a little more retension.

6. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Only thing about the Uncle Mikes that I dont like is reholstering. If you practice a lot, it becomes a pain real quick.

Check out the Desantis Intruder. Very well made holster.

7. Patchman

Patchman Florist

If you have a belly, it's not going to help any either.