close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Confused newbie!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by rtr, Aug 1, 2002.

1. rtr

rtr Glockaholic

Hello folks I'm a newish shooter and I plan on going to the GSSF event here in Colorado later this month. I have a 17 and a 26, in addition a friend of mine has a 27 which I may use also if he comes with me. According to the application I can enter (as an amateur) up to 4 categories in Civilian stock, so I presume this means I can shoot the 17, 26 and 27 separately in civilian stock, does this mean I have to pay $25 per gun (ie x3) or can I enter three times with just the $25 entry fee? Does this mean then that I'll do all of the stages 3 times (once with each gun)

In addition I can enter up to 3 of the sub, comp, majorsub, and stockmeister categories, again does this mean I would do all of the stages ANOTHER 3 times?

I guess I'm a bit confused on what all these categories mean, advice on which ones to enter given the 3 guns I have is very much appreciated.

2. on target

on target

Me thinks you are slightly confused re: the fees. It's $25.00 per catagory, I'm shooting Am Civ and Stockmeister on Sunday in L.I. so it will cost me $50.

3. G23CT

G23CT Miembro Señor

You can only shoot each category once, using an acceptable gun. Each category is a $25 entry. Therefore, you can shoot your 17 in amciv and your 26 in sub. Or your 26 in both amciv and sub for that matter. Just not your 17 and 26 both in amciv. According to my Glock Report, the 27 is not a majorsub - only the 29, 30, and 36. You can also enter comp and stockmeister and shoot your choice of guns. You are limited to a total of 4 categories, with only one entry permitted in each.
    Hope this helps, I'm sure someone can explain it better than I can.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Marc and G23CT pretty much have it. You can't use the 36 anywhere except Major Sub due to the limitation of the magazines.

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Civilian catagories are:

Amateur/civilian
    Subcompact
    Major subcompact
    competition
    Stockmeister (you shoot against Masters in this stock cattegory).

Since this is your first GSSF event, I suggest you first shoot your G26 in subcompact followed by the G17 in Amateur/Civilian, and forget about the G27 for now. If you feel like going another category after you have completed the first two, fine, go for it.