Confirmed. Jacob Blake had a knife

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by walkinguf61, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Oh, and as far as wasn’t she the mother of the children, wasn’t Blake the father.

And correct me if I am wrong but I understood that black arrived in the vehicle and the children were already in it.

Either way, it will be a miracle if the officer doesn’t end up convicted. i hope not, but I am not optimistic that he won’t.

And just to be clear, Blake had taken the keys and the vehicle months earlier and had been driving around in it for months.
    And vehicle theft charges were never filed on him.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  2. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

The answer to those questions are : I don’t know.

But if the man had just committed a robbery , violated an order of protection , just fought with the police and the officer had cause to believe he was leaving with that woman’s kids. He would be justified to use force to stop him from leaving with them. It was not a custody battle at that point but a possible kidnapping. Murder-suicide would be a possibility to consider at that point. It is why the officer could not “ deesculate” or just let the guy go as some in the media would say. The knife is why he was shot.
    Remember it’s not what he actually did but what he was believed to have done ( or what the woman told the cops) and his fighting the cops at the scene.

Do you notice the main problem that the left seems to be having isn’t that he was shot but how many times in the back.

nrajeff likes this.

3. Dragoon44

I agree the knife was most likely the reason he was (justifiably ) shot. But it seems odd that the defense attorney does not appear to be taking that tact. Makes you wonder what it is he knows about the case.

I am not sure what robbery you are referring to, Blake to the keys , her bank card, and the vehicle back in may not at the time of the incident.

If they knew about the warrant for blake they had every reason to arrest him and escalate their force when he resisted.

The left is emphasizing the seven shots to the back because they know that for the untrained shooting someone in the back, much less seven times, is considered simply beyond the pale. And I would expect the prosecutor to claim that is shows malice on the part of the officer.

4. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

It is what the officers were told at the time of the incident and not in reality that matters. She said he took my keys. The officers thought he had just taken them in addition to violating the restraining order. Plus if she said,” he’s taking my kids”- it would appear to be a possible kidnapping in addition for having a warrant for a sexual assault.
    And that he fought the police so her credibility of “ taking my kids “ as opposed to “ our kids” goes up.
    They could not let him leave with those kids in that car under those circumstances. Hence they could not “ deesculate” as some would suggest.

nrajeff likes this.
  5. Dragoon44

Many of the assumptions you are making are based on the claims made by the defense attorney.

Maybe the claims are accurate and maybe they are not. Personally I do not put that much faith in the claims of defense attorneys.

6. Ollies930

Ollies930

I think that a lot will hinge on the simple fact, that an unstable and uncooperative man was trying to get away from police and into a vehicle that contained children, with a knife. No matter whose car or children they are, non cooperative and potentially violent with a weapon, they could not let him get near those kids.

nrajeff and Bus007 like this.
  7. Dragoon44

The officers best hope at convincing a jury that shooting was necessary is if the evidence shows, as some officers who were present claim, that Blake was pivoting towards the officer knife in hand when the officer fired.

So far, although the narrative is that Blake was shot seven times in the back there is, as far as I know no official medical confirmation as to the location of his wounds. If there are no shots directly to Blakes back and instead are to his side or even front showing he was in fact attempting to pivot towards the officer knife in hand. The officer is on pretty solid ground.

nrajeff likes this.
  8. cbetts1

cbetts1

Cop Shot Jacob Blake After Hearing ‘Mother’s Desperate Plea’ That Blake Had Her ‘Kid,’

The police officer who allegedly shot Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last month reportedly did so after hearing a woman say about Blake, “He’s got my kid. He’s got my keys.”

Police Officer Rusten Sheskey said he shot Blake “because he was afraid Blake, while attempting to flee the scene, was trying to kidnap a child in the backseat of the vehicle,” CNN reported in an article titled, “Lawyer says cop shot Jacob Blake after hearing a mother’s desperate plea: ‘He’s got my kid. He’s got my keys.’”

Blake had a felony warrant out for his arrest stemming from an alleged sexual assault, which police were aware of when they showed up at the home on the day he was later shot.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/brea...erate-plea-that-blake-had-her-kid-report-says

nrajeff likes this.
  9. Dragoon44

What the officers were dispatched to.

At 5:11 p.m., Kenosha police officers are dispatched to 2805 40th St. for a report of “family trouble.” A dispatcher tells officers that a woman called for police and said, "Jacob Blake isn’t supposed to be there and he took the complainant's keys and is refusing to give them back.”

The officers were also informed by dispatch that there was a warrant for Blake.

nrajeff likes this.
  10. Ollies930

Ollies930

And now I know why he was trying to get away from the police. Take your chance and hope that in the political climate the police will not shoot you. Had he thrown the knife away before he got into the car, it might have turned out differently.

nrajeff, Bus007 and Dragoon44 like this.
  11. Dragoon44

If he had decided not to show up in violation of a restraining order, if he had not decided to fight the police, if he had not pulled a knife and ignored repeated commands from the cops...

And this is the guy VP Wanna be Harris says she is proud of!

The guy is a tsunami of stupid. And unfortunately he is likely to be rich and stupid. (Though I am sure he will blow through the money quickly.)

Bus007 likes this.
  12. jd4223

jd4223

I had an incident years ago when I was a police officer that could have cost someone their life. I was on my way home from working midnights driving past an elementary school. I had stopped at the stop sign in front of the school where the kids crossed. At this time I hear a woman screaming and see her running in the middle of the street and hear her yelling "Call 911 some man just kidnapped my baby" I exited my vehicle and approached the woman to find out what was happening. I was still in my police uniform and she ran up to me screaming and crying saying some man grabbed her baby and took off on foot and pointed the direction the man was running. I asked her if she knew the man which she said no. I turned my vehicle around and drove approx. 1 block and spotted a man running carrying a small child and the child screaming. I drove my vehicle on to the lawn and jumped out of my vehicle with my gun out and told the guy to drop the kid or I was going to drop him. The guy refused but did not run but just stood there. Worrying I might hit the child if I shot at the guy I ran up to the guy and a fight ensued and I ended up pistol whipping him. He dropped the child and I cuffed the guy. At this time other police officers in their police car showed up at my location saving the guy from serious resisting arrest injuries. When all was said and done,turned out the guy was "Baby's Daddy" and momma was denying him visitation. Momma ended up getting a ticket for False Info to the Police and daddy ended up getting a resisting arrest charge. No jail time for either of them.

nrajeff likes this.
  13. Dragoon44

I cant even remember the number of times someone, most often a female, gave hysterical performance claiming things that just were not true when the cops arrived. Had I acted immediately there would have been real problems. Fortunately I made a habit of finding out what was really going on before taking action.

nrajeff likes this.
  14. ede

ede

My daughter is a NP works in ER and is trained to examine and collect evidence in sex assault cases. She says its so common for mothers to bring in kids on Sunday after visitation with kids fathers they call it "Sunday Nite Butt Check". She says she has never in all her years had one verifiable incident from the "Sunday Nite Butt Check".

Dragoon44 likes this.