GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Spewer of TROOF
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m wondering if I could buy cheap axis rifles, tack weld on a large magazine and maybe a flash higher and bayonet (none of this has to work)
And turn a 200 dollar bolt action into something so scary I could get Biden buy back money?

my justification:
With an estimated 15 million MSR in circulation and my anticipated expectations of the bureaucrats running the collection as being really stupid, they won’t have the time, expertise or desire to really examine what you bring them.

ive got a huge sack of old metal mags just dying to be welded on to something...

id like to keep my margins at 100% so if they are paying 500 per assault rifle, that gives me 250 to spend in junk rifles and donor parts.

If I could make 10, I’d make enough to buy a nice new rifle.

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
Milwaukee had a “buy back” a few years back. People were dropping off busted up guns and BB guns for $50 and up... took a while for the clowns running the show to catch on...

·
Come on man!!
14,801 Posts
There will not be an AWB "buyback".

Such a law would not even get through the House, much less the Senate.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
If someone needs a gun, I don’t have a problem with a budget Axis rifle. I wouldn’t spend much time on an extended magazine setup though.

I bought one in 22-250 last Winter. The clearance price was just under $200. A little trigger work & it suits me fine. I wanted another in that chambering to go with my higher end custom gun.

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
I picked up a few good deals at those buybacks. A Baby Browning and 1908 Colt in particular. Also helped the PD keep from buying back a non firing replica.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
lol @$500

Turn that noveske in for a $50 visa gift card more like it.

Reactions: DoubleWide

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
Why would you do that. It’s “for the children”. Let them pay for fakes.
Because I saw the dude trying to do it and wasn’t about to let him pull a fast one. I’d rather he try to use it and someone dust him. Interestingly enough, the vast majority of folks turning in stuff we’re grandparents turning in old single shots, 22 rifles and Rg type revolvers. Not much cool stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts