close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Confession to make...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Target07, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Target07

Target07

Well, I partaked in the general hunt for the perfect handgun. Along the way I have owned several Glocks but have always found myself looking for something more. So, like all of my handguns that haven't passed muster, I sold them and used the money to purchase other handguns in search of the "Holy Grail" of handguns. Well it has come full circle and I am now back to Glocks and rightfully so. I have owned handguns made by all of the "mainstream manufacturers" and some of the "off the beaten path manufacturers" after all the money spent and the time wasted (hind sight being 20/20) I should have stuck w/ my first choice....GLOCK. There is just so much that can be said about "simplicity". Now that I have returned home I don't plan on leaving again!

P.S. My current everyday carry is a Glock 19 (my absolute favorite Glock...it fits my hand perfect, I think they made it for me).

So, to the Prodigal Son who has to leave home...He will return...be it sooner or later...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  2. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

You did well, son, very well. Now tell us the horror stories... And as for the Prodigal Son, a Glock trigger guard makes for a fine ring that was put on his finger...:cool:

3. dp509

dp509 2009 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Yes, that is me.

I have Glocks, Kahr's, S & W Revolvers (King of Revolvers, IMHO) and 1911's :supergrin:

4. pmj

pmj

LOL! You're not by yourself in that search. A better way to look at it is ""test and evaluation!"

5. mikeyU

mikeyU

I was on the hunt for a .40, checked HK's, ended up getting a G22. Glocks are simple, reliable,and priced right. Can't go wrong in my mind.

6. ronin.45

ronin.45

Simplicity has a beauty all it's own. Welcome home.

7. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

I have done the same. Hunt fot the perfect handgun and have returned to Glocks. Really the utility gun of guns. Works for me.

8. TalkToTheGlock

TalkToTheGlock Zombie Hunter

Convrats on finding your way back. The only other co. That does it for me are HK.

9. Iorndealer

Iorndealer

over the last 20 years I go "full circle" also. Having a large assortment of Glock Pistols only to sell them off and try "something else". Well the wheel has spun full circle I having sold off more than half of my collection and replaced them with Glocks. I have a 30 SF, G36, G26, and will be adding at the very least a G21 SF, G17, and perhaps a G23. Simple, Easy to carry and Shoot, always reliable and of course value for your money. I learned my lesson the hard way. I am never going to let this set of pistols go!

10. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

I had a beretta 92 on layaway for months but finally wound up getting a 26 instead. I think because the size impressed me also the Glock name. The 26 is a compact powerhouse. I already owned a ruger p85 and an FEG P9 (Hungary) but not completely satisfied with either, and finally wanted a real quality gun. Also i live in California, and the time to buy any gun is NOW - so i did.

11. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

My current dream list-A G24 & G27,A Nice 1911 and a S&W 41

Wait-2 cheaper(some say ugly and unsafe) guns in the same list as the big boy's guns:dunno:why would that be?:wavey:

12. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

I like Glocks for carry, been doing it for years. But I do have to say I really, really, really like my Kahr that I got last year. It does not get the love my Glocks do, but it gets to be carried around a good bit. I WISH Glock would look at what Kahr does as far as size and shoot for something to compete with them. I would buy a Glock the size of a smaller Kahr and I know I am not alone in that.

13. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

Congrats on the right choice

14. ctfireman

ctfireman

Good to hear. I'm not strictly glock but i sure love em. It's what i have the most of.