Confederate flag wavers face terrorism charges.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Detectorist, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

A SCOTUS case in the making. Assuming the rednecks did not make any actual threats (and the alleged ones while they are driving away don't constitute imminent) I hope they win. Not because I agree with what they were doing but because of liberty.

Of course, I imagine there is far more information than we know.

Bruce M and Fred Hansen like this.

2. Radius_Retention_Systems

Radius_Retention_Systems RADIUS RETENTION SYSTEMS

But don't prosecute Black panthers intimidating whites at polling centers... no no no...
    Its the flags, if they were just taunting them and whatever it would have gone unaddressed, but this is a chance to make the flags be the symbol of bad guys.
    That $hit just pisses me off! errrr....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    hogship and Nucflash like this.
  3. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

The thread title infers that waving the confederate flag had something to do with the charges. They were indicted for threatening a family and displaying weapons. Their alleged threats were to kill people attending a party. The indictment is under a street gang terrorist law.

Bruce M and Dave514 like this.
  4. Random

Random Banned

Ha, ha. You're not smart. Not sure yet if you're a regular's 2nd account or a genuine new guy here, but I'm certain I'll be laughing at you alot in the future.

5. Pawcatch@aol.co

[email protected]

I lived in Douglas county for the first 17 years of my life, but I hate the direction of the county has taken lately , but that has nothing to do with this case.

6. Rizzo

Rizzo Garbage Day!

Exactly.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting really tired of misleading article/thread titles. Take this one for example: on its face, it makes it sound like people are being arrested for terrorism charges for simply displaying a confederate flag, and is meant to incite the typical garbage one-sentence gunboard utterances like "America is doomed!" "The liberal commie-lefties have destroyed the country!" "The liberals hate southerners!" and so forth. But as usual, you have to dig a bit deeper than the outrage-inducing thread title to get to the facts of the matter.

And it's not just on here (not solely picking on you, OP) but in the general media, too. It's like they honestly seem to think that the average reader is an idiot that won't be bothered to actually read the article, and instead count on them to fire up the ol' righteous anger on just the title alone.

Read the articles in their entirety, people. We're better than that. :thumbsup:

Bruce M, AZLawDawg and Dave514 like this.
  7. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

I read the article.

When I saw the charges were "encouraged" by Morris Dees, of the Southern Poverty Law Center, I knew it was bull****.

8. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

I'm no fan of these rednecks, but how they can be prosecuted as "Terrorism" while the below individuals did not is beyond me...

oldman11 likes this.
  9. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

America is doomed. I blame William Randolph Hearst.

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

After reading the article I do get the idea that while the flags displayed may have been the biggest visual, the flags had very little to do with the elements of the crimes in the indictment.

oldman11 likes this.
  11. roscoepcoaltrain

roscoepcoaltrain

I saw several US flags, too. So why the Confederate flag wavin' schtick?

oldman11 likes this.
  12. Radius_Retention_Systems

Radius_Retention_Systems RADIUS RETENTION SYSTEMS

? Whatever that means... Not smart?
    Thanks for the feedback...?
    TSMO1066 was kind enough to post the vid for ya, trust me there were many conflicts that day with racial overtones, but this one got all the press... hmmm... its the flags.
    But what do I know, being that I am "not smart"?