Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If enough folks toss some good conditioning workouts in here, I'll try to get Eddie C. to make it a sticky. The idea is to have a big set of conditioning workouts either homemade or from wherever.

I'll get it started, starting with workouts that require no equipment:

100 burpees for time

Tabata pushups followed by tabata situps followed by tabata squats, 11:50 total time. Only 10 sec. rest between exercises.

3 rounds for time of 30 pushups, 40 situps, and 50 squats

3 rounds for time of 12 burpees, 24 pushups, 36 squats, and 400m run

210 jumprope turns, 21 burpees, 150 jumprope turns, 15 burpees, 90 jumprope turns, 9 burpees -- for time.

3x800m run with 2 min. rest in between.

4-6x400m run with 2 min. rest in between.

New one (repeat 2x):
1 burpee, 2 jumping jacks
2 burpees, 4 jumping jacks
3 burpees, 6 jumping jacks
4 burpees, 8 jumping jacks
5 burpees, 10 jumping jacks
6 burpees, 12 jumping jacks
7 burpees, 12 jumping jacks
20 Pushups

1 burpee, 2 jumping jacks
2 burpees, 4 jumping jacks
3 burpees, 6 jumping jacks
4 burpees, 8 jumping jacks
5 burpees, 10 jumping jacks
6 burpees, 12 jumping jacks
7 burpees, 12 jumping jacks
50 Squats

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Oh yeah,

There is a steep but short hill near here. It is probably 40 yds long. Istart at the hill base then:

Bearhug carry sandbag and walk to hilltop, drop bag sandbag and do 10 sandbag cleans. Shoulder sandbag and walk carefully down hill. Press sandbag 10 times.
Do this 4 more time with 8 reps then 6 reps than 4 reps than 2 reps of the sandbag exercises at the hilltop and bottom. Try not to rest.

Of course this could be done for a total of 10 trips decreasing reps 1 per trip, but I can't do that yet.

This is the only workout I've made up myself.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ouch. I'll have to try that sometime. However, I'm usually obliterated after 3x800 or 6x400. (I meant your 800, etc with sprints afterward.) The sandbag workout sounds tough also--perhaps I should start with a 20 lb bag, LOL.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Tabata pushups followed by tabata situps followed by tabata squats, 11:50 total time. Only 10 sec. rest between exercises.
I just started doing a similar variation... Let's call it Triple Interlaced Tabata.

Box jumps 20 seconds, rest 10 seconds, jump rope 20 seconds, rest 10 seconds, and dumbbell swings 20 seconds, rest 10 seconds. Repeat for 24 rounds.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Oh yeah,

There is a steep but short hill near here. It is probably 40 yds long. Istart at the hill base then:

Bearhug carry sandbag and walk to hilltop, drop bag sandbag and do 10 sandbag cleans. Shoulder sandbag and walk carefully down hill. Press sandbag 10 times.
Do this 4 more time with 8 reps then 6 reps than 4 reps than 2 reps of the sandbag exercises at the hilltop and bottom. Try not to rest.

Of course this could be done for a total of 10 trips decreasing reps 1 per trip, but I can't do that yet.

This is the only workout I've made up myself.
That sounds brutal.

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
-Not mine, but:

Burpees x 30 seconds
Mountain climbers x 30 seconds
Jumping jacks x 30 seconds
Pushups x 30 seconds
Bodyweight squats x 30 seconds
Med ball slams x 30 seconds

Rest 30-60 seconds
Repeat 4-6 times

-And:

50 pushups, squats, sledge hammer swings, jumping jacks

Drop 10 reps each time (40, 30, 20, 10) and repeat cycle nonstop

-Soon I will be doing:

Carry 80lb keg 400 feet, carry 110lb sandbag 400 feet, push sled 400 feet

Repeat 2-8 times, for time :supergrin:

Gotta figure out a decent weight for the sled. Might pull it too.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From a website on "Prison Burpees" (http://www.geocities.com/rutgerseskrima/art_prison.html)

For a workout, an inmate would stand on one side of the room and do 20 burpees without stopping. Then he would walk to the other side of the room and do 19 burpees without stopping. Then walk to the other side and do 18 burpees. Then walk to the other side and do 17. He would continue in this fashion until he got down to a final set of 1 burpee.
Burpees demo a little ways down the page: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

·
Glock 35
1,036 Posts
None of these are crazy workouts. Intense? Yes. But that is the entire point. It is after all strength and conditioning. You need both. What's the point of being able to lift a car if you can't climb a flight of stairs without it almost killing you?

·
Knicker Knotter
4,719 Posts
None of these are crazy workouts. Intense? Yes. But that is the entire point. It is after all strength and conditioning. You need both. What's the point of being able to lift a car if you can't climb a flight of stairs without it almost killing you?
It was a joke. I understand conditioning.

Try climbing stairs carrying 75 pounds worth of dive gear, after making 6 dives in less than 1 hour, each dive requiring you to climb back into the boat via a ladder that leans backwards. Oh, and each dive required moving several 75 pound lobster traps around on the bottom, in a current.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Try climbing stairs carrying 75 pounds worth of dive gear, after making 6 dives in less than 1 hour, each dive requiring you to climb back into the boat via a ladder that leans backwards. Oh, and each dive required moving several 75 pound lobster traps around on the bottom, in a current.
Now that sounds crazy, and FUN!

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
I've been doing a new one with my sand (pellet) bag.

I have a small mountain bike trail on my property, probably takes about 2 minutes to run......

-run trail
-side lateral jumps over bag, 20 reps (or 10 reps from start position)
-run trail
-clean and press bag 10 reps
-run trail
-shoulder bag and carry 400 ft (down driveway and back)

repeat 2x nonstop.

I never realized it last year but carrying the bag on my shoulder really works some weird stabilizing muscles. Good core work.

Might mix in 20-30 sledge swings too.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I've been doing a new one with my sand (pellet) bag.

I have a small mountain bike trail on my property, probably takes about 2 minutes to run......

-run trail
-side lateral jumps over bag, 20 reps (or 10 reps from start position)
-run trail
-clean and press bag 10 reps
-run trail
-shoulder bag and carry 400 ft (down driveway and back)

repeat 2x nonstop.

I never realized it last year but carrying the bag on my shoulder really works some weird stabilizing muscles. Good core work.

Might mix in 20-30 sledge swings too.
NICE...

Dude, you need a big ol' pole barn on that property of yours to house all of your new-found iron. If you do build one, build it at least slightly taller than the height of your basement. :tongueout:

Seriously, that is totally cool to have all that space... green with envy.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just checking it. I've been pretty wrapped up in a lot of other things lately, so hadn't had time to post.

Knee is 80-90% now and I can do quite a few exercises. Still can't squat, jump, or run, though. I've actually re-started barbell training with a modified SS:BBT with 3x5 deadlifts each time because the limited knee ROM allows me to do those so far. I can do those.

Honestly, pretty demoralizing, but I must move forward. Biggest problem at the moment is getting my diet back in line. I haven't really gained any weight, but I can tell that I'm feeling worse. I tried IFing the other day and made it 18 hours, but felt like I was going to fall over. I'm going to start packing on serious fat if I don't get my lazy butt back in line.

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
NICE...

Dude, you need a big ol' pole barn on that property of yours to house all of your new-found iron. If you do build one, build it at least slightly taller than the height of your basement. :tongueout:

Seriously, that is totally cool to have all that space... green with envy.
I'd like to build a big oversized garage. My 2 trucks are lifted and way too big for a regular garage.

Then put a 2nd gym over that.

Stop picking on my low basement or I won't invite you over.:tongueout:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts