close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Concerns

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by DAG27, May 15, 2006.

1. DAG27

DAG27 ..

Eric,

First and foremost, I'm sure you have better things to do than to get involved at this level, but since this is your site, and I'm sure you wish it the best, I'd appreciate a reply if you have a moment.

Please review the thread below, I have a couple of concerns, for a site that continues to seek contributions and have fund raisers, it is important to attract, and maintain members. It seems as soon as someone has a point that doensn't agree with the main stream the poster is quickly discredited, make a fool of, and the thread usually gets locked.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=540639

I have posted a quote from one of the moderators in the Carry Issue Forum, "RussP". To me there was no other reason for this post other than to cause trouble. It certainly didn't pertain to the topic at hand. Many of his posts in this thread were simply out of line especially for a moderator.

DAG27, sorry, but I'm getting some......

I remember you now...

You're in the Air Force. You carry concealed while in uniform performing your duties.

Sorry I wasted my time...

End Quote

Now I was fully engaged in the converstaion, was simply trying to make a point, it wasn't like I started a conversation and ignored it. The actions of your moderators, I feel are running off the new folks and some older ones on this forum. There are other posts in the CI forum that indiate this as well. "Closed Threads"

A large majority of the threads in here get answers from the mainstream like. "Did you do a seacrh first?? " "and Troll" it just seems to me that this is a dangerous way to do business. It certainly does not give the feeling that everyone is welcome, it feels like you are either with the in crowd, or not, and if you are new or have a different opinoin, you are simply cast to the side, and the member will fade away. You are going to be left with a small user base that simply agrees with one another and makes for a boring site. It also appears to me that you either agree with the moderators opinion, or you are an outcast.

If you have time, I'd appreciate a response, I have been a member of this forum for quite sometime, and do appreciate a good discussion. I feel my contributions have always been professional, and it good taste, I have not violated the TOS of this website in anyway, my opinions just are welcomed I guess, Seems the 2nd Amendment holds more weight than the 1st.

I send a PM to RussP, asking why I was treated rather rudely, and I have yet to get a reply, "granted, it wasn't all that long ago, I sent the PM, but I was hoping to clear things up with him, and find out why he is so against me.

Thanks Again for your time.

Mike

2. DAG27

DAG27 ..

3. true believer

true believer Super Moderator Moderator

mike, i tried to send you a p.m. but you won't accept p.m's...give me a p.m. and i'll answer you
    bob