close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Concerned About Slide On Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by James9903, Jul 3, 2003.

1. James9903

James9903

Just took my Glock 30 out for the third time and it shot great. 200 rounds and not a jam. When I came home I cleaned it and I noticed something.

On the inside of the slide, towards the front, I noticed some markings. I'am not sure if they were there before, but I noticed them now. It's a little rough; whereas, the opposite side is smoother. I know the picture isn't that great, but it's hard to get an angle on it with good light. I tried to brush it off with a plastic brush, no luck. I also took the tip of a jag and tried to scrape it a little thinking maybe it was gun powder residue, no luck. It's definitely stuck on the slide. The two blue circles are where the area in question is. Is this just an area that wasn't finished well. Or is it something to worry about. Can it compromise the strength of the slide? Any suggestions?

2. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

It is VERY difficult to tell much from your picture, but it doesn't appear to be anything major to me.

Can you get us a better picture? I think that would help.

3. James9903

James9903

I took about 70 pictures with my digital camera and none of them seem to be able to show it clearly. This one was the best I had. It's hard to get light on the area. I felt it again and it seems like extremely, almost invisible small bumps. I looked with a magnifying glass and there are no cracks or fractures. I still don't know what it is though. I think maybe it's an unfinished area. It doesn't seem to affect the gun. Any suggestions?

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I suggest you keep shooting your G30 and enjoy it. I don't see where there will be any functional problem.

5. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

I agree with Danny, don't worry-be happy.

6. PikeB

PikeB

Can you get a better picture? Do you have a scanner?

7. TNRonin

TNRonin Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner! Millennium Member

Probably just tool chatter marks. Normal for a tool that is getting dull. That is a non-stressed area I believe. You are ok.

8. James9903

James9903

Thanks everyone for helping me out. I tried even once again to take a picture, but it just doesn't seem to work. I took a closer look again with a magnifying glass and I think it is just a small group of burs (not sure about spelling) on the interior of the slide. I don't see how that could affect the gun at all. The barrell doesn't touch it. Does that sound like a logical conclusion? Is it possible to have burs there?

I spoke to the people at Glock and they said it has a one year warranty, but if it's not something major they'll fix it for life. There isn't any distortion in the metal i.e. rust, cracks etc... So, I guess I'll take the advice of you guys and just forget about it.

9. hamerless

hamerless

looks good to me..

10. James9903

James9903

Hello,
    I just got back from shooting my 30 and 26 and everything seems fine. I asked a couple of guys at the range what they thought of the area in question and they said it's probably from the tool used in smoothing the surface out.

Shot my 26 and 30. Had a great time. Love Glocks.